EGR delete?

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
I have read several things about this and did do it to my 01 L. It did make the engine compartment nice and cleaned it up as well. I did loose about 1 mpg. Also know that if Ford put it on there it was for a reason but then again they also put catalytic converters. I'm just thinking it would again make the engine look great without it. If I should just stop please let me know, thanks

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I have read several things about this and did do it to my 01 L. It did make the engine compartment nice and cleaned it up as well. I did loose about 1 mpg. Also know that if Ford put it on there it was for a reason but then again they also put catalytic converters. I'm just thinking it would again make the engine look great without it. If I should just stop please let me know, thanks

Leave it on...you will open a can of worms if you remove it.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Haha, ok. Just thinking of ways to clean up the engine area but I do like the fact it's pretty easy and lots of room compared to my Lightning and 04 cobra

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
There's a SIP sensor built into the EGR valve. It's a lot of work to completely remove/hide it from the engine bay. Blocking it off and laying it to the side so it doesn't recirculate exhaust into your intake is a great idea, however.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Haha, ok. Just thinking of ways to clean up the engine area but I do like the fact it's pretty easy and lots of room compared to my Lightning and 04 cobra

Problem is theres 2 switches in the factory tune for EGR and 1 code is still not broken out in SCT. I had mine disconnected with the main switch off but still got a check engine light so I reconnected the egr pipe to the header and made a spacer so it cleared my modified blower. My tuner is working to break out the other switch but until its done im leaving it as is.

2007-2010's Ecu only has one switch so this is an 11+ issue only from my dealings with the egr code stuff.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Problem is theres 2 switches in the factory tune for EGR and 1 code is still not broken out in SCT. I had mine disconnected with the main switch off but still got a check engine light so I reconnected the egr pipe to the header and made a spacer so it cleared my modified blower. My tuner is working to break out the other switch but until its done im leaving it as is.

2007-2010's Ecu only has one switch so this is an 11+ issue only from my dealings with the egr code stuff.

:shrug:

Mine is laying next to my blower still plugged in, but the blower and manifold are both blocked off. No CEL and everything runs fine.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
:shrug:

Mine is laying next to my blower still plugged in, but the blower and manifold are both blocked off. No CEL and everything runs fine.

Your tuner may have updated software...my tuner was waiting for the update as of last week. You have a 2010 though correct? The second switch appears only in 2011+ up cars ECU's.

Last edited:

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
rotor_powerd

Have you noticed any difference in the car, also why haven't u removed the pipe? Just to pass emissions or something? Thanks

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Thanks Jay, you'll have to walk me through that when we tackle my blower project after MIR!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool, should have figured that ;-)
I'm off this weekend I'll give you a ring to BS and get plans together.
I'm sure you'll be busy getting set for MIR, my event is NMRA Norwalk in June, so we still got some time.
-J

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Cool, should have figured that ;-)
I'm off this weekend I'll give you a ring to BS and get plans together.
I'm sure you'll be busy getting set for MIR, my event is NMRA Norwalk in June, so we still got some time.
-J

Your jam is almost done....have sylvain drop ship your plenum to me. your going to be a very happy camper pal.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Will do, didn't want to annoy you or him before MIR, but I'll shoot him a PM this week.
Can't wait bro!
-J

bFoxGt500

Established Member
This is an intersting and timely topic for me. My tuner removed the EGR and tuned the engine after a rebuilt motor and supporting mods were installed. Everything is fine - EXCEPT!!!!, I no longer have A?C or the Traction Control working. If he reinstalls the EGR and goes back to orginal tune. He is still struggling to figure out how to get the tune without the EGR to turn on my A/C!

TORQJNKY

Didn't see this thread before I made mine. Moving my questions over.

I need to delete my EGR for return fuel system fuel line interferrence. I understand that the SIP (Supercharger Inlet Pressure) sensor has to remain in place and hooked up after the EGR is deleted. Couple of questions for those who have done it:

1. How did you remove the SIP sensor from the EGR assembly?

2. One of the vaccum connections on the SIP sensor comes from the EGR. Did you just cap off that connection on the SIP sensor?

3. Where did you relocate the SIP sensor to?

Here's a picture of said EGR valve and associated sensor. Any associated pics you have would be greatly appreciated. Jon Lund says he can tune it with zero drivability issues and may even be able to remedy the reduction in gas mileage. Thanks!

IMAG2402.gif

IMAG2401.gif

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
I'm sure it's just like how I did my Lightning a few years ago. Buy the kit or garden hose cap from Home Depot and use vacuum caps for the rest of the lines and turn off on SCT tuner. That's all it took then and figured that's all it would be for the GT500

Users who are viewing this thread