EGR delete help

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
So I unbolted/had to cut it off via dremel style the egr valve and put the block off plate on. Now I'm not sure what to do with the vacuum lines. Where would I reroute these lines or should I just block it off?

EGR Vacuum sensor gone

DSC01444.jpg

Here are the lines that came from the sensor. They go back to the rear of the intake.

DSC01445.jpg

On the back of the intake there are 2 red lines coming out of one hole. The lines above pictured connect to the top red line. Should I cut the top red one and plug it?
The lower red line goes to a splitter and head into the firewall. Not sure what this is for.

DSC01447.jpg

Last edited:

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Why did you delete the EGR? for anything other than a 100% race car, you'll lose more than you'll gain by deleting it.

Hot/dirty exhaust running through my already heat soaked heaton. That is why. Cooler intake temps and no state inspections

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
But hotter head temps, less gas mileage, increased emissions, and other side effects. You'll also need to tune the PCM to tell it the EGR is gone, otherwise the car is going to run even worse.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
But hotter head temps, less gas mileage, increased emissions, and other side effects. You'll also need to tune the PCM to tell it the EGR is gone, otherwise the car is going to run even worse.

My dyno tune already has the egr delete.

Since this is weekend driver gas mileage doesn't bother me, what is emissions:lol1:, and it's for the better :D. I went ahead and just got rid of the hoses. So this thread is no longer needed.

Users who are viewing this thread