Effects of Alcohol Question

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I thought about making this a poll but I figured I'd just open it up for discussion. A friend of mine told me that when people get drunk of tequila it can make them angry. I had never heard of tequila making anyone any more angry than they would've gotten off anything else. I've gotten drunk of margaritas and shots of tequila plenty of times and have never seen anything different. I was just curious if anyone had any input on this topic. I figured if you want an informative answer on alcohol, ask the question on SVTP. :beer: :beer: :beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Typically only people with mental and chemical instabilities will do something like act angry to a certain alcohol. What you have to remember though, is that not alcohol is the same. They're made from different grains, so there are definately different types of intoxication. Get drunk off of Maddog 20/20 and tell me it's the same as getting drunk off beer or whiskey and coke.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have gotten so drunk to the point of beating my own brother (not beating as in fist fights just pushing him around). Funny thing is, that I don't remember anything at all. That's when I know I drank too much:beer: . If I drink and get buzz, that' when I am friendly:) but when I don't know what's going on well they tell me I get aggressive:shrug: - I am always friendly so I dont know whats that all about.

But I have calmed down with the alcohol, don't want to end up an (alcoholic)

Edit, poopnut I have your avatar in my sig:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Nope, I've never really seen it have any different effect than any other alcohol. However, it does generally get most people "more drunk" than they normally would be, faster. So you tend to see another side of them a little quicker.

yellow98stang

Established Member
only times i have gotten angry while drinking, it had nothing to do with the type of alchohol i was drinking. From my experience, people who are already angry or upset when they start drinking, the alchohol allows their true emotions to come out and thats when people get extra friendly, or hostile...

my best friend has tried numerous times to kick my ass when he was drunk, turns out he had stuff built up that he didn't tell me he was mad about, but when he got drunk it came out. didn't matter what kind of alchohol...haha

peace, Dan

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
yellow98stang, good point. alchohol=the truth serum. Although I have found out that I cannot drink wild turkey. Don't know why, but it makes me more agressive. Only alchohol that has ever done that to me. Tequila or beer is just a good time for me.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
When i drink beer, i turn into a happy drunk.
When i drink Gin, I turn into a mean drunk.

Thats what ive noticed at least :shrug:...so i think its a true statement...

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I have not seen tequila make people angry. I have seen tequila make people horny as hell...i.e. my wife.

I think different types of alcohol can make people feel and act certain ways. For example of my wife

Tequila - Horny
Bacardi - emotional and talkative, not a good combination!!!
beer - just regular drinking
vodka - frisky

jonw357

Established Member
Yagermeister always make me angry before the night is over for some reason. So my buddies and now wife will not let me drink it anymore. Jack and coke is my drink now. I am a happy drunk with it.

convert03cobra

Established Member
I threw-up on my shoes during a military Christmas party when I was in Japan after 10 tequila shots in an hour. And my commander saw me and laughed his ass off cuz he saw me run into the bathroom and just let it rip. He even ran over to my wife so she could laugh at me too. He wasn't pissed because he knows I don't drink and drive and had a ride home.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I've definitely seen people act differently depending on what they've been drinkin. My fiance is a good example. If she gets drunk off beer she's fine, but if she gets drunk off of hard liquor she can turn into a bitch by the end of the night.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
i think alot of it depends on what mood you are in before you drink and the underlying circumstances for the causes of the behavioral expression.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
So it's safe to say, that different types of alcohol do in fact have different effects on people. However, I was trying to see if anyone had anything to support tequila w/ specificly making people angy. Reason I ask, is my friend did some s*** he's never heard the end of and blames it on being drunk off tequila. I personally don't believe being drunk is an excuse for anything, since I've turned down hard drugs and other girls (when I had a gf) and had no memory of doing so in morning. I think it's something in your subconcious, but that's just me.

EDIT: took off sig.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
My dad for example can drink a 18 pack a still be himself, only stumblier.
But give him some shots of anything dark and he becomes a real asshole.
not so much mean but just a dick..

BTW; if stumblier wasn’t a word, it is now

Users who are viewing this thread