Efan problem

99BlkLitng

Established Member
I have read the posts from other guys about their efan not working and now mine is not working (that is the last time i read a post about something not working, LOL). Anyway, the fan will not cut on with the manual switch or come on when the compresser kicks on. I am stumped as to what it is. I think it might be a short somewhere but not sure where. I am going to check the ground when i get off work but until then does anyone have any ideas other then the ground??

Thanks
Damon

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Start with checking the powers and grounds. Fuse's, ground, relay. If they all check out good, check to see if the fan is getting any power to it at the connector.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Thought I had this problem fixed but we all know this just aren't that easy anymore.... Looks like the relay is bad. It was really hot to the touch, so I took it apart to check it out. Well one of the pins is burnt and the whole it plugs into is melted. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so what was the fix? Does Mark at LFP know about this issue? I really need to get this taken care of ASAP since this is my only form of transportation. Any useful feedback is welcomed.

Thanks
Damon

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
a rash of these popped up in the last year...contact mark and he should send ya out a replacement/updated harness....

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I dont have the LFP, i have the Flex-a-Lites and i have replaced my VSC(Varible Speed Control) 7 times in the last 3 years which i had the fans. So far its been good for the last year or so.

Wayne

99BlkLitng

Established Member
bgstew6 said:
a rash of these popped up in the last year...contact mark and he should send ya out a replacement/updated harness....

i sent him an email and pm so now i just have to wait on his response. he will also be getting a phone call in the am until i get ahold of him. it just sucks i gotta drive it with this problem. guess i will be watching the temp really close.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
well i should have the new relays by thursday. we will see if that fixes my problem and hopefully the new relays will not melt on me too.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Got the new relays installed and everything seems to be good to go. I will keep an eye on it to see if the relay is going to go out on me again. It is good to be back in the L after three days of driving a slow *** H2.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
if you want ZERO problems buy an FK35 from www.dccontrol.com it has no relays, and slowly ramps up the power to the efan, thus reducing sudden power drains like with a relay type control.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
pitstain said:
if you want ZERO problems buy an FK35 from www.dccontrol.com it has no relays, and slowly ramps up the power to the efan, thus reducing sudden power drains like with a relay type control.

they were on back order the last time i checked and i havnt heard back from him letting me know that they are back in stock....

I think im gonna get a SPAL controller like the one in the write up, $75 shipped on ebay brand new, progressive controller, and temp switch.. should work just as well....

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
bda1855 said:
they were on back order the last time i checked and i havnt heard back from him letting me know that they are back in stock....

I think im gonna get a SPAL controller like the one in the write up, $75 shipped on ebay brand new, progressive controller, and temp switch.. should work just as well....

yep, the Spal should work fine, I refrained from reccomending it until Steve has used it for a bit longer.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
pitstain said:
yep, the Spal should work fine, I refrained from reccomending it until Steve has used it for a bit longer.

Yeah i really really like the DC unit, but they are on back order and im not sure how much longer ill be holding onto my truck... the SPAL will work great for controlling the FAL 270 E-Fan kit i have...

IF i was adding an electric water pump, and twin HE fans id get a DC kit....

Phyxius

Established Member
My LFP E-fan gave out on me about a year ago, I called and talked to Jessi, he said he was going to send me out a couple 40 amp relays to replace my 20 amp fried relays. I never recieved them. I put another 20 amp in and it worked untill just recently, when it fried again on my way to florida. I called again and talked to Jessi. He told me they found out it wasn't the relays, it was a faulty design in the harness, and then told me he would have to order one from his vendor. That was supposed to to take 5 days to get, then another 5 days to ship it out to me. It's now just been two weeks, and haven't seen the harness yet. And my fan does not work at all, so I removed it and re-installed my factory fan. Man am I lucky I never got rid of the factory fan.

So you need to call LFP and let them know you have the same problem I do. Hopefully they will take care of you.

Good Luck

Lee

Last edited:

99BlkLitng

Established Member
The relays that were with my kit were 30amps and the replacement relays are 30amps. I wanted to see if I still had the same symptoms of the fan dragging down the rpms when kicking on as before but that does not happen anymore. I am thinking about talking to mark and seeing if i have the updated harness and if not I will ask him to send me a new updated harness just for piece of mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread