EEC Tuning Options

scothew_gt

Established Member
Ok guys, here is my debate. I have a 1996 Mystic Cobra that I am looking at doing some tuning on. I just dyno'd it with both my stock MAF and my C&L. What the end point to this long post will be, what system will be better for me as far as tuning. Mafterburner Stage2, Tweecer, or having someone like Chris Johnson burn me a 4bank chip. I an wanting multiple programs due to adding a NOS wet kit to the car.

I am going to explain how my Dyno runs went. I drove over there with the C&L on the car. I notice whenever i leave hte C&L on, my gas mileage goes to crap after awhile. Also the car feels sluggish. If I reset the computer, the car runs great for XX amount of time and then its like the computer learns the mod and starts to cut back timing or something to compensate for the leaner a/f ratio. The first run was made after a short cool down and the car knew the C&L. The power up the Rpm's looked lower than what it did a month previously with my Stock MAF. also the A/F started out around 13.4 down to 12.2 or so.

I swapped out to my stock maf and then ran 2 runs. I reset hte computer right before the 1st one and pulled 264rwhp and the a/f was around 12.4 down to 11.2 or so. It is represented in RED on the dyno graph posted. 2nd run was about the same, 262rwhp and the a/f was getting REAL rich. Down to 10.5 i believe.

last run, I put the C&L back on, reset the computer and pulled 272rwhp. The A/f Looked great. This run is represented on the dyno graph in BLUE.

Let me know where you guys think I should look towards as far as tuning. I am really curious as to if with the Mafterburner, how the computer will react and try and change timing or will the Mafterburner or Tweecer override the computers nature to want to learn and adjust like it does now.

Give it to me guys :)

dyno.jpg

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Looking at your graph it looks like your ignition is starting to cutout on the high end. Do you still have the stock ignition or do you have something like a MSD in there too? Just looks to me like you're dropping spark.

scothew_gt

Established Member
I have accell coil packs, ford racing 9mm wires, and on those runs I had autolite platnium plugs. I am going to put some NGK tr-55's in it again and see how it runs now that I have replaced the IMRC controller.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Not my area of expertise (I dont hink I have one :D) but I wil l keep my eye on this thread, it looks like it could get pretty informative. Thanks

A

Users who are viewing this thread