EDP Turbo results

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
I'd like to see some track times from this kit.
Seeing how this kit uses stock manifolds would that mean it could also be used with shorty headers?

ford20

Established Member
I heard that A car with a EDP kit ran silly numbers down there, buddy that is covering the event sent me a photo of the car.
11040307_887863537756_1102580397_n_zps8wiambtb.jpg

11005573_10203799796459419_505942164_n_zpscdsgkrku.jpg

Come on now Alex this can't be an EDP kit. Cars with that kit don't go that fast.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
I'm been curious about the EDP kit on a stock motor and auto. I've heard crap about requiring aftermarket valve springs on the exhaust side to avoid valve float due to the backpressure from setups (JPC and EDP) that use the stock manifolds. But they say it's required at high boost. Really we all know that high boost is relative. My question is what is the safe limits with this kit on a stock motor, if this stuff is true?

Big Q

Established Member
I'm been curious about the EDP kit on a stock motor and auto. I've heard crap about requiring aftermarket valve springs on the exhaust side to avoid valve float due to the backpressure from setups (JPC and EDP) that use the stock manifolds. But they say it's required at high boost. Really we all know that high boost is relative. My question is what is the safe limits with this kit on a stock motor, if this stuff is true?

In talking to Danny at EDP he stated that at 10psi the entry level 7475 kit made 750 whp uncorrected. On a stock bottom end I would think that is pushing it, my plan is a 5lb spring and max it out at 8lbs with the boost controller and see what kinda numbers it makes before raising the boost.

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
In talking to Danny at EDP he stated that at 10psi the entry level 7475 kit made 750 whp uncorrected. On a stock bottom end I would think that is pushing it, my plan is a 5lb spring and max it out at 8lbs with the boost controller and see what kinda numbers it makes before raising the boost.

that sounds like a smart idea even at 8lbs on pump gas it should make under 690. let us know what u come up with?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I know a local guy who's normally a Paxon fella and went with the EDP kit on an aluminator and he ran into spring issues/float at I think @ 13lbs. Long story short and 150miles later he sold the kit... Going back Paxton.

Big Q

Established Member
I'll be tuned on E85 so gonna take baby steps with the boost lol, I'll check back in here though once install is complete or start another thread.

Big Q

Established Member
I know a local guy who's normally a Paxon fella and went with the EDP kit on an aluminator and he ran into spring issues/float at I think @ 13lbs. Long story short and 150miles later he sold the kit... Going back Paxton.

That sucks to hear, I'm sure the stock manifolds do place some limits on the kit. Wonder what kinda power it was making at 13lbs?

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
Headers aren't the cause. I think he made just shy of 800 but don't quote me.

Dustin what do you think the cause is? If valve float is only an issue in boost territory that that puts a stock motor beyond "safe" power levels, then I won't sweat it. Valve Springs can be upgraded during a motor rebuild.

If valve float is a problem at 650-700 rwhp levels then I may be concerned.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Headers aren't the cause. I think he made just shy of 800 but don't quote me.

On my JPC kit I spun my Azz off down the track with 20's on 8-9psi and trapped 137mph... This EDP guy on 13lbs trapped 141mph I think on with full drag pack, LMAO! Why take a risk on EDP when JPC & CPR kits are proven and work?!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Dustin what do you think the cause is? If valve float is only an issue in boost territory that that puts a stock motor beyond "safe" power levels, then I won't sweat it. Valve Springs can be upgraded during a motor rebuild.

If valve float is a problem at 650-700 rwhp levels then I may be concerned.

With turbos u can't compare float with power levels, at least as I understand it. It all comes down the to kits design.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
On my JPC kit I spun my Azz off down the track with 20's on 8-9psi and trapped 137mph... This EDP guy on 13lbs trapped 141mph I think on with full drag pack, LMAO! Why take a risk on EDP when JPC & CPR kits are proven and work?!

I can see drastic difference in power with CPR versus a EDP. What I have a hard time seeing is anything but a marginal difference between the EDP and JPC.

EDP seems to make power with a setup very much like a JPC (I'm not saying its a copy). Space is premium and the piping diameter and routing wouldn't seem to vary so much between the JPC and EDP to cause much of performance deficit.

Dustin said it the header's weren't the cause. I like to hear what the cause is for educational purposes and not just limit my selection to (insert popular names). Turbo sizing? Wastegate or BOV location not optimal? Im curious.

Users who are viewing this thread