Edmunds reviews American Muscle

SnakeCharmed

Established Member
article: http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/89505/article.html?tid=edmunds.h..reviews..19.*

Not surprising the Cobra came in 3rd behind Viper and Vette Z06.

What was surprising is they could only get 13.5 quarter mile time out of it. Most pubs have been getting 12.7 to 13.1. Maybe the cats were clogged. Anyway, most of the critique was right on. They did say it was "the performance bang for your buck available today".

Oh and the Mach 460 came in second on the stereo test :thumbsup:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
13.6 @ 108 !!! :shrug: Surely there were not any "professionals" driving... I am a rank amatuer and this is my first IRS car, and I pulled a 13.6 my first run ever with this car - spinning the tires and missing 2nd gear (grind). I have a best after a few more runs on 12.83 @ 110.95. What a shame this article will be shoved around the different message boards on the Internet as a "representation" of our cars potiential...

StickyFinga

Established Member
That time is extremely slow...I think they did put our car in the right position though. The Z06 is an amazing car.

I'm not too partial to the Viper, afterall it's a truck engine in a car frame, and an ugly frame to boot...I guess it does turn the times though.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Here's your answer to the numbers mystery:

our planned day at the Willow Springs road course was far from perfect.

They performed the testing up the street from me. Local altitude is 3000ft + . A 13.6@108 at LACR would be dead on average with stock tires and in stock trim for this altitude. Knock about a 1/2 sec off the times and add 2-3 mph for sea level #'s, with a marginal 60'. Additionally Willow springs is not equipped for drag racing as it's a road course. It's unfortunate that they failed to add these pieces of information.

Last edited:

thedutt

Established Member
Read the article and I was alos a little surprized with the times they were able to get from the *stock* cobra. But then again if you look at the times they have for the Z06, they are not that impressive either (12.9).

Jasonz06

Established Member
I don't think anybody will give too much thought to those times for the Cobra. I think most peopel have to agree that the car is 12-sec capable stock...unless you get a real lemon and low 12-sec capable with a minimum amount of work. Even those that don't like the car usually agree on its straight line capabilities.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread