Edelbrock sc kits

stags

Established Member
Hey guys, found out that courtesy of my place of employment I can get 30% off an edelbrock kit, haven't seen anything about them on here and wondered what yalls thoughts were

bunits19714

Established Member
I have researched them a lot. they seem to be a complete kit- depends how far you want to modify your ride- if your ever see the car going 8's in the future(extensive mods) stay away. but if you want a reliable smooth driving mustang with a lil more umph comparable to a stock 11-12 gt 500 then it could be a supercharger worth considering- the edelbrock charger doesn't require grind like the rousch or other rear air entry chargers(vmp, kb, whipple) running mid 10's with a decent dr, and on pump gas pretty easy-.
now that being said is your 30% discount off of msrp? and you will have to find a tuner that will tune it because you probably will want a lil more than what the factory tune provides. breenspeed sells and tunes them- they turned one up a lil bit I think they have a video on their website.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
I have one and I like it. Stage one. The Edelbrock tune is bad. Mine was barely driveable. I got a Brenspeed mail tune and it fixed everything. I'm going to install the competition intake and a new (not smog legal) tune next week. Should gain a little. I'd get a dyno tune, but my installer wants $800. I'll have to drive north to find a good one.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'd stay away from an Edlebrock blower... Your better off sticking with a VMP TVS, Vortec V3, Paxton 2200, Procharger, or turbo. There's little to no aftermarket support for the Edlebrock. The inlet is tiny. You'll struggle to go faster then 11:00's while the other blowers mentioned can all take you into the 9's.

Quad4_72

Established Member
It all depends on goals. I had the edelbrock kit and I did love it for what it was. But of course, I ended up wanting more power. Mine made 610 rwhp on the 3 inch pulley. I ended up switching to a turbo set up for more power, but if you are looking for low 600rwhp and FOR SURE dont want to go for much higher then the edelbrock kit is a great choice.

stags

Established Member
I can get a new stage 1 kit for 4k. Figured I would do brenspeed a stage 2 upgrade to turn it up w brenspeed tuning.

Ultimate goal is a 10 second dd. preferably in street tires.

Would that be feasible with that setup?

Quad4_72

Established Member
Yes you can go ten seconds in the edelbrock. Brenspeed has a video of their car doing it on the 3.25 inch pulley, a drivrshaft, and everybing else stock except tires

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
1 shop car going 10.90's out of how many kits running around... Quad4_72 what did your car run at the track with the Edlelbrock on? OP its your money, but I'd do more research before buying a red headed step child.

hand-filer

Established Member
An Edelbrock under the hood=

th.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread