Edelbrock N20 kit

99svtlightning

Established Member
Does the system use a WOT microswitch or is there an electronic device that attaches to the TPS. as with the Zex kit?

What is the red electrical box for?

What shot are you running,how much boost, and are you using stock injectors?

I'm still debating on which kit would work best with my setup and goals.

Any other insite on nitrous kits for the 03 Cobra is appreciated also.

I ran the Zex wet kit on my 01 Lightning w/ no issues at all. Zex kit's seem to be one of the easiest to install.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya I posted on MF about the two kits. Never got a real straight up answer, but I think the wet kits are not the way to go on this car. If you have better fuel lines and rails it might be ok with a wet kit, but otherwise it puts quite a spike in the pressure on the rails. Not what I want to do especially since I will be nailing 15 pounds of boost near redline while spraying! I am planning on a 75 shot, but just waiting to hear back from sambandit as to what he thinks of the kit.

There is also a Zex wet kit on MF pretty cheap. How big of a shot were you running on your L?

Randall

Established Member
I had basically the same system on my 2001 GT.

It uses a WOT microswitch.

The red box is a fuel pump booster.

And to be perfectly honest, it's a high quality kit, but I feel that I paid too much for it when I bought it ($700.00 over 1 1/2 years ago).

I never could get the fuel pump booster to work correctly, Edelbrock technical support told me they were stumped when it came to the color coding of the wiring for a 2001, they told me even MSD didn't know the exact wiring due to Ford changing color coding in the middle of the model run. (MSD manufactures the fuel pump booster).

Last edited:

99svtlightning

Established Member
I had a 75 shot running about 20psi with a KB blower. It worked flawlessly. Definitely mid 10's if I could've hooked. It ran 11.0's off the juice at only 18psi in the heat.

I'm leaning towards a dry kit too. Here are my options so far:
Edelbrock Cobra specific kit
Compucar N20 in a bag kit- just add fuel in the tune.
Venom dry kit(called today though and they said they have nothing for a 03 Cobra. Only up to 99 Cobra)

Juiced-03

Established Member
Stay FAR away from Venom!!! It fried my computer and blew my motor on my 2001 Cobra. I never even got a chance to spray! I armed the system, and the car sputtered and died in the middle of the freeway. It turned out the venom control box fried and sent a signal to the computer which caused a huge lean state. I was left with bearing damage and broken rods. And like I said, no nitrous even went through the motor, the bottle was closed! Venom bought the kit back and Ford replaced the motor under warranty thank god though lol. That will be the last time I deal with Venom.

I like the Compucar kit, but I feel it is only good for shots around 50 or less. Oh and the Edelbrock kit doesnt include the red fuel pump box. The pic on their site is for the 99-03 GT, not the new cobra. They just used that pic for the Cobra kit. The Edelbrock 70404 kit raises the fuel rail pressure to the injectors through a vacuum tube from the solenoids.

For me I am torn between the EDL kit and the Zex wet kit.

Randall

Established Member
Oh and the Edelbrock kit doesnt include the red fuel pump box. The pic on their site is for the 99-03 GT, not the new cobra. They just used that pic for the Cobra kit. The Edelbrock 70404 kit raises the fuel rail pressure to the injectors through a vacuum tube from the solenoids.

I owe you one! :beer: The last time I looked at Edelbrock's site they didn't have the instructions for the #70404 listed, now I know the difference and hopefully I can get the pressure regulator, if so I can install my #70405 kit minus that damn fuel pump booster!

Juiced-03

Established Member
No problem Randall! Here are the instructions for the 70404 kit:

http://edelbrock.r-catalog.com/ImgVD/EDE/70404-2003FordSVTCobraNitr.pdf

And this is probably what it looks like:

70400.jpg

99svtlightning

Established Member
I'm leaning towards the Edelbrock. I believe it states the Edelbrock is an 80 shot. I'd like to go 50, I guess you can just change the jets. I liked my Zex wet kit, but after reading a bunch of posts...it seems wet kits are good for returnless setups. I just liked the ease of installation with the selenoids and everything being in the purple box. :)

Users who are viewing this thread