Edelbrock Dry Nitrous kit??

Red99SVT

Established Member
Is anyone using the Edlebrock Dry Nitrous kit? I was just wondering what gains you have seen at the track and at the dyno. Where did you get it and what was the best price? Any pics? Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Juiced-03

Established Member
I know a couple people have it, because I have seen pics. One guy posted his setup a long time ago, but I am sure the pics have been deleted. The part number is 70404 and you can buy it at summit racing ($599). It seems rather expensive IMO, and I am not sure how they adjust the fuel with a dry 75hp shot. I would be interested in more info myself but for now, I have a dry 35-50 shot that I spray before my MAF. Dyno numbers soon!

Juiced-03

Established Member
I blew up my 2001 cobra with the venom kit. It was very poorly designed. You have been warned!

Red99SVT

Established Member
Yeah..I think $600 is a bit steep for a dry kit. What all does it come with? It says it is 80-100 hp. I was only wanting 35 or at the most 50. What kit are you guys using? If I get it I want a nice one. Maybe a upper/lower with Apten and a small shot of insurance...lol.

Nathan

stangfreak

Established Member
i mean i like the idea of putting nitrous in my car, but then i would always have to fill it up you know. i wouldnt mind a 30 shot on top of a pullied eaton.:) i would also like to know how safe it is to throw nitrous on top of a blown car

n2fords2003

Established Member
we need some people who have used nitrous on their cars to speak up!! What shot? How much gain? Wet kit or dry. Were did you plumb it? Speak up on this one guys!!

Thanks!

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Why is everyone so scared of the Compucar Nitrous in a Bag setup..I used it with no probs and I have gotten quite a few people to use it also and they love it too....you just cant beat it for the simple install and the awesome power gains....the smallest jet is good for 50 rwhp on our cars.

Red99SVT

Established Member
Harry..I am not scared of that at all. That is just what I was looking for. I will definately check it out. Thanks man.

Nathan Green

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Well...at the time I was using that nitrous setup..I was also pushing 21 22 lbs of boost with the eaton and running 116 octane leaded fuel..no cats...sensors off. It was a tune from Nitrous Pete. The one thing to remember..it was the small shot that made 50 rwh and I mainly had it to cool things down in the air charge...but ..there is a sensor at the mass air and one under the blower..so I didnt have another tune setup....the computer richened things up with that small shot..worked real good. I would really think...with any safe a/f of 11.0 to 11.5 and this small shot used....there would be no problem with having to use another tune with this setup. Even on a stock 03 Cobra with this setup using the small shot..there should be no reason to use another tune....but as always...test it on a dyno to see whats what.

and yes..its setup to come in right at the bottom of the airfilter..before the mass air. Stock computer handles the small shot pretty well.

Here are some pics I had of the setup...
nitrousinabag.jpg

nitrousinabag1.jpg

nitrousinabag2.jpg

nitrousinabag3.jpg

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Do a search on nitrous in the forum. It has been discussed at length many times. Posting about it here would only be redundant. All the info is here, you just have to search! A 35-50 shot before the MAF is awesome! Very easy to install and you dont need a second tune if you current tune is safe. The results are amazing with a small shot! Stay away from wet kits though!

Users who are viewing this thread