ecu problems?!

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
working on an 03 mach manual tranny. car doesnt want to idle or rev. runs like its down a few cylinders. compression is good on all. plugs smell of gas terrible and are wet. no air leaks or wire issues anywhere. swapped coils from another car also and changed nothing. when trying to modify tune it doesnt seem to change anything if we add fuel or take it, almost like it doesnt respond to a tune at all. thinking the ecu is bad so i flashed it back to stock and put this ecu into another mach with the same ecu code and it wouldnt start. was afraid to put that guys ecu in this car because he didnt want his getting messed up. the car has a brand new mmr motor with stage 3 crower cams, sct maf, 2.9 kennebelle etc. the car was running and moving around fine(almost 600hp) then just started "missing" and it just got worse and worse that day until it wouldnt even run really, which is where im at now. any thoughts? any other ecus work in this car?

4a7191a

Established Member
my car did that too, i have no idea what my tuner did to it though. it ran like crap and he was suprised that i was even able to drive it. one thing that helped out was adjusting the idle up on the throttle body slightly then setting the tune for the 900rpm idle that i have now. damn comp 106400 still lope at that rpm too, lol.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
this car seriously seems like its running on only a few cylinders, its bad. bringing rpms up does nothing. has return fuel system that is pumping great so i know its getting fuel

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
another thing to note... originally the alternator was hooked up incorrectly and was charging very high and killing batteries. once we found that and fixed it the car charged normal and ran fine but then slowly went downhill.

4a7191a

Established Member
could be in the computer then. i had that problem on an old mitsubushi. the wiring harness and puter were shot to shizzle. traded it in after i rigged it up to run some what decent.

Users who are viewing this thread