ECU problems need help??? Car runs like poop

LugNutLX

Established Member
Long story short I bought a car with a blown engine that had a supercharger on it so I put a stock engine in and it ran but had no power. I realized it had a chip in it so I pulled it and it ran even worse. I found out the chip was tuned for 39lb inj's and I had 24's. I put a set of 39's on it that were my buddies and the car ran great. So I had the chip burned to stock and it seems a little low on power and seems to have a slight miss all the time and has a different tone than it did previously. I had the chip burned at alternative auto in michigan and Lidio said that the ecu was probably flashed before so he flashed the chip with a stock tune. To me it sounds like the ecu has an issue. I did have a check engine light and its for an O2 sensor bank 2 sensor one but I didnt think that would cause this issue because it does it on cold starts and at full throttle. No codes for misfire either. Im very frustrated :cuss: and cant think what else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Clean the MAF like mentioned. Also check for any vacuum leaks. If the motor is a stocker I would put a set of 24lb injectors in and have the computer flashed to stock by Ford.

LugNutLX

Established Member
If the maf is dirty then why would the car run awesome with a set of 39's and the old chip? Im going to see if ford will flash it but will they do it if they know it has a chip in it? I cant drive it there w/o the chip because the car wont even idle.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll have to take the chip out. They might be able to flash it without it being in the car. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread