ECU Fried, yes or no.

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Everyone take a look at the motherboard of my son's Terminators' ECU. Is it fried? Salvageable? Anyone know where I can find one? Sucks this happens two days prior to leaving for Mustang week.

20160709_135809.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
1238339847a5a918272daf2c736b21b4.jpg

I'm assuming you're talking about that part? That's the only area that looks off to me. Granted I'm looking on phone screen and not a monitor. Is the ECU not responding?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
1238339847a5a918272daf2c736b21b4.jpg

I'm assuming you're talking about that part? That's the only area that looks off to me. Granted I'm looking on phone screen and not a monitor. Is the ECU not responding?

It looks like on my monitor the entire top left portion of the board got saturated with some kind of liquid. My guess is the entire thing is a paper weight now...but would be interested to see if the op says its responding or not

psycholx

Established Member
The car starts but runs like crap, pig rich..sometimes it won't start, waiting a while it starts but still runs like crap. Started this after changing the Ccrm then alternator died. Replaced the alternator, never run right. Took it to ford, they couldn't figure it out. When I picked it up from ford, it smooth out for a second, pressed the accelerator and died. I have been troubleshooting all weekend. Decided to open pc and found that.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It looks like on my monitor the entire top left portion of the board got saturated with some kind of liquid. My guess is the entire thing is a paper weight now...but would be interested to see if the op says its responding or not
It could be the coating. A lot of times companies run a coating to protect the board.

psycholx

Established Member
Replaced the ecu, now back to ford for a reflash for PATS. question, what does the pats disable? I can get it to start with started fluid so the coils are firing.

psycholx

Established Member
That's what I want to make sure..the only issue now is no fuel pump prime, so if it's pats then off to ford

psycholx

Established Member
Badcobra, it's going on Wednesday. Thanks for the ecu..oh, Mustang Week was a blast..

psycholx

Established Member
Update, the termi is back on the road. Thanks badcobra. Reflash and she runs. Has a slight miss though, so gonna give it a few days before troubleshooting. Abs module is bad, had to unplug it due to blowing fuse. Another project for later

braindontstop31

Established Member
You say it has a slight miss, did you change your spark plugs after the re-flash because you said it was running pig rich, might have fouled a plug.

psycholx

Established Member
You say it has a slight miss, did you change your spark plugs after the re-flash because you said it was running pig rich, might have fouled a plug.

I changed the plugs the last day I worked on it before getting the computer. Those plugs should be good. I did figure out an issue, still trying to figure out why. Sometimes it will start to run really rough, like misfiring, my son had it checked, it gave him a p0355 code I believe, the #5 coil misfiring. So I checked it, #5 was miss firing (the unplug the injector trick). I remove the coil, inspected, moved the coil to #6 and #6 to #5. Car ran fine, today my son came home it was doing it again, #5 was misfiring. By moving the coil to a different location tells me the coil is good. I am at a point I believe the connector on the coil is bad. More troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread