ecu, and LS1 coil question

Foxkid87

Established Member
Ok im going tobe switch my car to CoP and instead of having a waste spark computer i was woundering if a 99-2001 cobra ecu would be a direct fit into a 96 cobra? OR i could do BS3 or fast xfi with ls1 coils. Question about that.. will ls1 coils fit under the ford coil covers?

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Ok im going tobe switch my car to CoP and instead of having a waste spark computer i was woundering if a 99-2001 cobra ecu would be a direct fit into a 96 cobra? OR i could do BS3 or fast xfi with ls1 coils. Question about that.. will ls1 coils fit under the ford coil covers?

I think it *will* fit, but it won't work. The wiring pinout changed too much.

There is almost no reason to switch to a 99 ECU, you can manually wire the COPs up (TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - why does my car still run with NO spark plug wires hooked up at all???) or you can buy the COP conversion harness that theredmonster sells. (http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...onversion-harness-will-available-shortly.html)

Foxkid87

Established Member
well im going to be running a LOT of boost.. worried about spark blow out is the reason im looking to switch. i may just look into a dizzy drive system

Foxkid87

Established Member
My car is going to bill kohlmann the 23rd for a cage and a back half. He is a personal friend of my father and will be doing all the chassis work on my car for me. After talking to him for a while over the phone i decided to push it and see what we can get out of a "street legal" car lol. Car is gonna see twin precision 6262.. so it should be intresting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread