EcoBoost F150 vs Tundra 5.7...both modded

Skip01

Established Member
tundra def needs more then headers/intake to stay up with a tuned ecoboost. not a fair raice. lol

Oh it most certainly wasnt.....he was talking crazy though....had too be settled down lol

I could post screenshots of TEXTS....he thought Tundra was unbeatable...."I dont waste time racing trucks anymore"

:-D

He beat a stock ECO same night.....its def faster than i thought....think hes getting xpipe n tune soon...be a nice rematch

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
It will do better with those mods, but to beat a tuned ecoboost he will need a power adder. Tundra 5.7L respond beautifully to being supercharged. That changes the story entirely.

Skip01

Established Member
It will do better with those mods, but to beat a tuned ecoboost he will need a power adder. Tundra 5.7L respond beautifully to being supercharged. That changes the story entirely.

It was a lot faster than i was expecting for sure...hes going to the track i think next Fri too see

Skip01

Established Member
"told you to get behind the ecobooooost"

LOL

Haha that was me actually.... I thought he was gonna try n stay up so I could record

If anyone else has ecoboost... Please let me know if I'm wrong

But he thinks that hesitate on the start was "turbo lag".... I'm thinking a truck that makes full tq at 1800 won't be having much if any turbo lag

Feel free too whore out insults on video as well lol

Skip01

Established Member
Nicely done. I would like to test my turd as well.

Man i wish his was 4x4....itd be nuts from a dig...def have too be pushing 12s with a boosted launch

He tried 17" drag radials the other day, but the computer was freaking out with such a size difference from front to rear he said

TermiInJax

Established Member
Haha that was me actually.... I thought he was gonna try n stay up so I could record

If anyone else has ecoboost... Please let me know if I'm wrong

But he thinks that hesitate on the start was "turbo lag".... I'm thinking a truck that makes full tq at 1800 won't be having much if any turbo lag

Feel free too whore out insults on video as well lol

That depends on the tuner and tunes. My truck has virtually zero turbo lag and will blow the tires off or wheel hop violently if its boost launched. On a factory tune, there is definitely a slight bit of lag but not to bad due to the small turbos size.

Man i wish his was 4x4....itd be nuts from a dig...def have too be pushing 12s with a boosted launch

He tried 17" drag radials the other day, but the computer was freaking out with such a size difference from front to rear he said

12's is tough on stock turbos and as far as I know that has not been accomplished yet. I ran a 13.65@100 last month with wheel hop but have since installed a high flow charge pipe, a meth kit, and traction bars. I'm going back soon to try to get a low 13 I hope :rockon: He should be able to compensate for the smaller tires with his tuning device as I know I can with my SCT XF3.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

4x4 would be nice for the launch no doubt.

As for him pushing 12s, definitely not but the truck still runs great. :rockon:

Its cool to see some of these trucks running. We need more videos.

Users who are viewing this thread