Ecoboost F150 hurting feelings from stop light to stop light.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
No video of either encounter but with spring break being in full swing in my town of beautiful Destin, Florida there have been all sorts of interesting encounters over the past few weeks. However, the two i'm about to tell you about make me laugh a bit since I went from a 800 plus horsepower cobra to now my speed fix for the time being is in an FX2 Ecoboost F150 with minimal mods.

So let's get started.

First up, my truck is used for my business which is in short a swimming pool company. It's always loaded with a few hundred pounds of chemicals and equipment in the back as well as a portable vacuum that looks like R2D2 hanging off my trailer hitch. My mods are short and sweet. It's a Livernois 93 octane tuned truck with plugs and filter. Similar trucks have been mid to low 13's with just those mods. Not fast by any means but will certainly surprise the unsuspecting 12 sec car if they aren't ready for what's in store from a stop light encounter.

This brings me to my first encounter. I was pulling up to the front of a stop light where a 13 white 5.0 manual with 3 spring breaker guys all spring breaker douched out were sitting with their windows down thinking they were in the ****ing bat mobile or something. I was anticipating the light turning green and rolling the **** out to see if they wanted to play after my truck would shoot out like a cannon. Light turns green and a damn mini van does a U turn and totally foils my plan, however it moves over and I continue to leave a little hard. The 5.0 sees me and pins it about 5 cars back, not really making up any ground whatsoever. This brings us to another redlight where we both are front row with a solid half mile of nothing till the next light... perfect. They at this point are asking me what's in that damn thing, which I explain a slightly modded v6... then one of the guys spouts off horse power numbers of my truck and i'm like yea yea that's stock etc... I'm a little over that (white lie), I ask them to go when the light turns green and let them know I won't be flooring it as hard as I can at first so my pool pole won't fly out the back (has happened while racing a supercharged 2v bullet that got it's feeling hurt as well)... They look at me like, "yea keep smoking crack buddy we are in a goddamned 5.****ing0. I'm slow spooling, traction control is turned off. Light turns green, I leave instantly to a full car, 5.0 spins and starts getting a little fishy and he's by no means giving me an easy race and stays in it. At this point i'm watching his nose dive down with each gear he's shifting as im just strolling along thinking about how ****ing shocked they are going to be when they pull back up, I shut it down just under 100 with the stang about 2-3 cars back and not really coming back on my close to 6000lb loaded down pool rig. They pull back up to me in utter shock, "holy ****" is the response... I'm like it's pretty peppy... "**** yea it is" and then I roll window up and continue on with my pool route grinning ear to ear.

Few days later in the same area a 11+ v6 stang plastidipped to hell and back with dark tint and a d bag driving like he's a mother ****ing formula 1 driver through traffic and I get stopped at a light, front row. I'm not really sure if he's going to go or not considering I caught him and am a pool truck... but one law of d bags is they will race anything or floor it anywhere so i'm awaiting his decision to get the dick or not when this light turns green... of course he wants the dick and nails it from a stop. I follow suit, stop his pull and start to yank him when I smash on the brakes just as I get past him at the speed limit to let him know I don't even need to speed to pass your slow ass. He started driving like a normal slow turd after ole girl just cranked it down the back of his throat real nice and hard.

That is all...

I can't wait to be back in something I think is "fast" ...:rockon:

Last edited:

SirJAG

Established Member
so excuse my lack of knowedge....buy how fast is your truck stock? and how fast is it now? that is the same engine as the explorere sport no? i figured the truck was quite a bit heavier than the explorer....

what mods do you have as well?

JAG

Mach828

Established Member
Ecoboost breaking some egos. Well done, and nice kills. Those trucks can surprise you off a light if you aren't ready.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
so excuse my lack of knowedge....buy how fast is your truck stock? and how fast is it now? that is the same engine as the explorere sport no? i figured the truck was quite a bit heavier than the explorer....

what mods do you have as well?

JAG

Stock similar trucks have been mid 14's around 95 mph in the 1/4. I actually have a friend with a bone stock explorer sport that I raced at various speeds. I pulled him slightly no matter what we did. From a stop it was the worse for him. My mods are a tuner, 170* t stat, drop in air filter and driver mod (joke).

Ecoboost breaking some egos. Well done, and nice kills. Those trucks can surprise you off a light if you aren't ready.

That's the best part, total sleeper.

All I got from this was you drive a pool truck........

Pretty much a pool truck that's got a little pep. Previous pool truck was a 650/750 hp/tq lightning. Gas miles not so great with that one.

SirJAG

Established Member
so the tune is where your getting your gains....what do you think you could run in the 1/4 now?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
The truck feels as strong as both my previous bolt on lightnings just alot smoother of a ride. I would say seat of the pants it's a lower 13 sec truck. Lethal Performance was back ordered on their o/r down pipe, which would add another 20/20 hp/tq plus open up the turbo's sound a bit. With that, some have gone high 12's. The truck itself, on 18's and the gears is one of the fastest combo's you can get in an ecoboost currently stock. I debated getting a 5.0 truck and doing a positive displacement blower on it but i'd have quite a few thousand in that vs the $700 I have in this truck. I knock down 17/18 city and 22-24 hwy.

stroked mach

Established Member
its not how fast it is its how fast it comes out of the hole and has the power to keep it pulling a little so the guy with the faster car has to give it all shes got trying to get back the 2-3 cars he just got yanked off the line, buddy had a L and out of the hole he was gone every time and took 5 cars to pull around him, good runs those trucks are a blast is yours a 4door or ex cab ?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Cool stories. I wonder how fast the 15 f150 ecoboost will be with its lesser weight?

dead man walkin

Established Member
The flex with the ecoboost can run 13.0 flat, the explorers and f 150 are faster when tuned similar to that , their real advantage is the launch. . 4wd or awd it's hard to beat.

94_Vert

Established Member
The flex with the ecoboost can run 13.0 flat, the explorers and f 150 are faster when tuned similar to that , their real advantage is the launch. . 4wd or awd it's hard to beat.

Most of the flex's with ecoboost are awd.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Do you have a 2wd truck being in Florida?

My Fx4 gets zero traction in first if I floor it from a dig, once I put it into 4wd it'll hurt a bunch of peoples feelings from a dig.

Nice kills man!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
If the new f150 is the same power setup as mine and 700lbs lighter, be easy half second faster.

My truck is the 2wd crew cab with the 3.31's and 18in tires. If you're a 3.73 truck no way do you not spin in 2wd. I'm used to racing diesels on street tires that were 2wd and this power delivery is very similar.

I bought this truck because I got a smoking deal on it and my old truck I gave to my dad was 4x4 so if I ever needed it I had it still. Next truck will be a 4x4 though, I miss just having it if needed.

However, the faster guys are actually the 2wd guys with 3.15 or 3.31 gears surprisingly

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Only saw one tuned super crew 2wd eco boost f-150 in Bradenton in March running 12's, even the heavily modded one Tony Gonyon tunes on couldn't make a 12 sec pass. I guess anything is possible... Must've been one of those high 13 sec 5.0's you ran. Personally never saw one but I'm sure they exist...

Users who are viewing this thread