eco boost vs 6.7 cummins

vic_s197

Established Member
Well since my cars been in the shop iv been playing alittle more with my truck. My buddy just bought a 08 6.7 Cummins with an h & s programmers set at the highest setting, 5" exhaust turbo back, and an intake. We took then out to the back roads and did 4 20 rolls. I'd jump ahead and keep pulling away, same results about 3-4 lengths. We did 2 runs from a dig and it was alittle closer off the line then I pulled away shutting down about 80 . I'm running the Livernois 91 race tune but not for these races. I returned the truck to stock to see the difference, so tomorrow I plan on running him with the tune set. I have the video but IRS in my brother's phone Il try to get it posted.

vic_s197

Established Member
Just waiting for him to get out of work to do a couple more runs. Il post those vids I'm having trouble uploading the ones from yesterday

NOGI88

Established Member
Did you ever run him again with no tune? I have a buddy with the same set up on the 6.4... Curious to see how it turned out.

whiplash306

Established Member
Definitely can't wait to see the videos. We've got an ECOBOOST with 5 Star's 93 octane, no tow tune and it runs like a raped ape! However, fast or not, go ahead for the next competition of performance and strap each truck up to a load for a good old fashioned pulling contest :)

vic_s197

Established Member
Did you ever run him again with no tune? I have a buddy with the same set up on the 6.4... Curious to see how it turned out.

I didn't get to run him yesterday cuz he got out of work too late and I didn't want to get a shitty video at night. So I'm gunna run him on Saturday when we are both off.

I ran him on Saturday with no tune, completely stock, just to see how much difference the tune did.I ended up pulling on him pretty good. On one of the runs I gave him the jump with about 1.5 truck lengths I started reeling him in and flew right by him. I honestly did not think my truck was gunna do that good lol. So its gunna get pretty ugle for him with the 91 octane race tune on.

vic_s197

Established Member
your stock ecoboost truck beat a modded cummins turbo diesel? badass.

Yea man these truck move out pretty good stock. It was funny after the 1st 2 runs I saw how easily I was beating him so I pulled up to him and told him to turn up his chip all the way the, he started lauighing and said it is up all the way lol

southernstang93

Established Member
The truck you raced are slow even with mods,, find a LBZ chevy with mods and try it again,,, your ecoboost will not have the same out come!! I know because my buddy has the full loaded truck and has tune, with cat back and cold air and its not even close when he trys my Silverado,,, and I have tuner, cold air , cat back , 4'' turbo back... either way its crazy what Ford is doing with them v6 twins .... strong ass trucks !!

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member

6.7 cummins= slow unless turbo work and beef it up maybe 100hp from a tuner.

If your buddy with the 6.4 has a HS well now those trucks move out over 300hp with just a tune which will make it 650hp approx to the motor there the cobra of diesel trucks little money=lots of hp.

guarnibl

Established Member
Well since my cars been in the shop iv been playing alittle more with my truck. My buddy just bought a 08 6.7 Cummins with an h & s programmers set at the highest setting, 5" exhaust turbo back, and an intake. We took then out to the back roads and did 4 20 rolls. I'd jump ahead and keep pulling away, same results about 3-4 lengths. We did 2 runs from a dig and it was alittle closer off the line then I pulled away shutting down about 80 . I'm running the Livernois 91 race tune but not for these races. I returned the truck to stock to see the difference, so tomorrow I plan on running him with the tune set. I have the video but IRS in my brother's phone Il try to get it posted.

How about running a Cummins that runs 12's in the 1/4 on 40's ? 5.9 kicks ass when it's fully built (motor+tranny) with all the goodies.

Last edited:

vic_s197

Established Member
We will be running them tomorrow with 2 more truck also, a 2002 duramax its got a tuner on it plus full exhaust, and intake, and my brothers 06 5.9 Cummins 6 speed stock minus 4" exaust.Il get a video up tomorrow night. It's not any fast cars racing or anything but my cars been down since April so iv been trying to have some kind of fun with the truck lol

vic_s197

Established Member
Ran a duramax with an edge chip and full bolt ons, and a 2013 BMW. I wasn't running my tune today I should have though lol I would pull a car length on the beamer then he would fly by me, so next was the duramax. I'd jump out half a length then he would slowly come around me, but as we got to around 80 I would stop his pull and stay there. He beat me 5 out of 6 times. I could take him if it was a 50+ roll. Anything under that he would win. I only got 2 videos not too great but Il put it up

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
I have a 6.7 Cummins with the H&S tuner. Quick but not a race car by any means. It is slower then my tuned Ford 6.0 and about the same as my 09 Duramax.

I'll tell you this though, it will pull your house off its foundation no problem!

210375_10150956267321307_407744371_o.jpg

Last edited:

vic_s197

Established Member
I went 15.6 on that pass 100% stock. Which is alright times for this high altitude. The jeep has gone a best of 17.001

Users who are viewing this thread