Ecm

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
What are we supposed to do when we need an ECM, but they are not provided anymore? Switch to a Carb? The part number of my 2004 is 4L3A-12A650-AUB, and OBDTester.com gave a replacement number of 4U7A-12A650-KLA. I can't find these anywhere?

Ever since my O2 header extensions fell on my headers and melted it has run terribly bad. That O2's wiring ohms out open with ECM connected and the other side ohms out at 65 ohms. It obviously fried that part of the ECM although there is no visual damage inside the ECM, nor the smell of fried electronics. Unless the truck wiring fried further up also, and I will check that tomorrow. I am going to find the wirirng at the ECM and read out the ECM pins and see what it reads also.

But what about the ECM? Anyone know anything about how to get ahold of one? The ones on Ebay are usually attached to engines...

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Usually, when the O2 wires melt on the headers, it takes out fuse #23 (15 amp fuse at the front of the fuse box under the hood) which powers a lot of things with these trucks including transmission functions - usually will throw all kinds of codes as well.Fix the wiring and check that first before you go shelling out big $$$$ for a PCM.

That being said, you can also check with Rogue Motors at 1-866-233-9363 to see if they might have a PCM available.

If still no luck, post back up and we'll see what can be done..........

Bird

Last edited:

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
Yeah, I checked all the fuses, even power to the ECM, although their seems to be discrepencies between my wiring diagram and the fuse list I have. It shows fuse 24 going to all the o2s and other stuff. but all my fuses are good. Still can't find an ECM, Im going to check for V at O2s and make sure wiring to ECM from O2s is good for sure. I cant get any codes like it is dead but it seems like it loads tunes back and forth via the Predator. ??????????????????????? Thanks for the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread