EBC Brakes and CObra-R Calipers

agent-orange

Established Member
Hi Guys

I have a little problem. I bought a set of Cobra-R/FOcus Calipers and also some new brake rotors from EBC (EBC-GD7021 & EBC-GD7024).

Now I just wanted to change the new rotors and I installed the Brembo calipers to check if it fit. But I have to realize that, the brake rotor is touching the caliper. The pads arent installed, so its not the pads, which touching the rotor.

I Checked it where the rotors is touching the calipers and it looks like, that the rotors is touching the calipers on two points. I will send some pics, cause is to difficult to describe for me.

So I installed the old PowerSlot rotors again and they also touching the calipers on the same points.

WHat could I do, that they will fit? Grind the calipers down, where is touches the rotors? My stock 2001 Cobra brake calipers, which are still installed actually, fit perfect with the new rotor.

When I'm searching on Summitracing, this EBC brakes fits on the cobra-R and my 2001 cobra.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/.../make/ford/model/mustang/submodel/svt-cobra-r

Thanks for any help

svtguy

Established Member
Here are the pics:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Anybody an idea, whats wrong here?

Another question. Do I need stainless steel lines for the Cobra-R caipers or can I use them with my stock lines?

The 00R used stock cobra rubber flex brake hoses.

In the last pic, it looks like the caliper is sitting to low onto the rotor. Have you tried bolting up the caliper onto the spindle while holding the rotor tight against the hub?

Paul.

agent-orange

Established Member
cool ,that means I dont have to change my stock hoses.

THe caliper was bolted up the spindle and I pressed the rotor tight on the hub. Donno whats wrong with them....

svtguy

Established Member
cool ,that means I dont have to change my stock hoses.

THe caliper was bolted up the spindle and I pressed the rotor tight on the hub. Donno whats wrong with them....

Can you take some pics of just the caliper? I'll compare them to the caliper that is on my 00R.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
My 'guess' is that you 'may' have the wrong rotors on the car for the application!?!? :shrug:

PS: I hope you don't plan on taking those drilled rotors on track?!! :nono::nonono:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

flattrack53

Established Member
My 'guess' is that you 'may' have the wrong rotors on the car for the application!?!? :shrug:

PS: I hope you don't plan on taking those drilled rotors on track?!! :nono::nonono:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Cracking a rotor can only "make" or "brake" (<get it:burnout:) a driver!

agent-orange

Established Member

agent-orange

Established Member
Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Those are not the Focus RS calipers. They are close, but obviously not close enough. The M-2300-X & -B calipers have a casting stamp on them that is 20.7365.00 (off the top of my head) and the brake line threads are not in the center.

Here is the FRPP pic of the M-2300-B calipers:

M-2300-B_zps69c0f37a.jpg

Last edited:

svtguy

Established Member
I saw a difference between your calipers and mine.

Check these two images.

1_zps77f2308c.jpg Photo by 2000mcr | Photobucket

Mine look a bit diffrent

Edit: Damn, I just checked the casting numbers on the calipers (20.6862 20.666?) and it looks like that the 20.6862 is a caliper for a Peugeot 406 or so. @SVTGuy Do you see the casting number, which is on the caliper?

Added more caliper pics. Brake line bolts up onto the opposite end of the bleed screws.

20.7365.00 as seen in the pics.

agent-orange

Established Member
It looks like, they are from a Peugeot or so.

Damn. But when I would buy just the 00R calipers, can I really use them with the stock brake hoses of my 2001 cobra or do I have to replace them with steel hoses?

svtguy

Established Member
It looks like, they are from a Peugeot or so.

Damn. But when I would buy just the 00R calipers, can I really use them with the stock brake hoses of my 2001 cobra or do I have to replace them with steel hoses?

It is recommended that you upgrade to braided stainless steel flex lines but yes you can reuse the stock rubber flex hoses.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
P1010042b_zpseaf5551c.jpg

This is a picture of the Focus RS calipers I installed on my 04 cobra in 2006. As you can see the number is 20.7385.00.
Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread