ebay seller

BossHogg

Established Member
I bought an RV off of EBAY for $9200. I believe i got a pretty good deal on it. So i talk to the seller and we decide ill fly out and pick it up on Monday, ive sent the seller the $500 deposit and already paid for my plane ticket. The seller contacts me and says the roof is leaking, i say thats fine take some money off of the final price and ill still buy it. Seller agrees, this morning i get a call from the seller saying they do not want to go through with the sale because he wants to fix it and sell it for more and not take money off the price, I live in an area which is dominated buy RV repair shops so i tell the seller ill just pay the the $9200 and fix it myself. The guy still says he doesnt want to sell the RV to me. At this point i believe nothing that he is saying, I'm not worried about getting my deposit back but am i going to be able to get my plane ticket refunded? Or is there anyway i can stick this seller and actually get the RV. I'm heated and need help

BossHogg

Established Member
Im from Indiana if i take them to court do they have to come here, they are from Rhode Island here are some phone numbers can anyone get me an address, the bottom two are cell phones i believe
774 -319-9142
508-264-3100
508-2647326

DrGT500

Chronic Bad Attitude
Established Member
WR Construction provides services throughout the states of Massachusetts and Rhode Island for projects of all types and sizes. We offer metal and wood framing, drywall, plastering, tiling, painting, stucco and finish carpentry.for commercial and residential projects.

ADDRESS:
562 Buffington st, Fall River - MA - 02721
180 Allens Ave, Providence - RI - 02903
TELPHONE MA: 1-508-264-3100
FAX NO: 1-866-877-9217
EMAIL: [email protected]

http://www.wrconstructioninc.com/contact/index.htm

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
Im from Indiana if i take them to court do they have to come here, they are from Rhode Island here are some phone numbers can anyone get me an address, the bottom two are cell phones i believe
774 -319-9142
508-264-3100
508-2647326

You most likely will have to sue them in Rhode Island.

BossHogg

Established Member
I do not want a refund i want the RV... that's the problem im on the phone right now with an attorney in Massachusetts.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
at this point i would think that there are enough red flags to find another rv, but that is just me. ask for the refund as he has no basis for keeping seeing as he backed out of the deal, if you can not get the ticket money then take it as a credit for another flight later on. you push it and end up getting this rv that somehow sprung a leak after the thing was advertised as being good, then there is not a leg to stand on when this thing blows a motor or tranny, walk... run away from this purchase. just my .02

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
you should be just as concerned with getting your deposit back as you are the plane refund.. if not.... i need some money, can i borrow some? i might not pay it back fyi... seriously thats a chunk of money.. my buddy bought a plane ticket to buy a car and had to cancel when some shady stuff came up with it.. the place he bought the ticket from offered him a future credit of 50% of the original purchase price towards another ticket..

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Sounds to me like someon regrets not putting a reserve on their auction.

Tough luck tho...he sold it to you in a legally binding auction...not to mention that you already paid a deposit and have your ticket. He's gonna have to sell it AND pay court costs. You'll win...take him to court.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sounds to me like someon regrets not putting a reserve on their auction.

Tough luck tho...he sold it to you in a legally binding auction...not to mention that you already paid a deposit and have your ticket. He's gonna have to sell it AND pay court costs. You'll win...take him to court.

The remedy will not be specific performance and he wont have to sell the RV. If the OP prevails he will receive either market or cover damages plus incidentals (plane ticket). Therefore any award will be in law not equity and thus money alone.

Users who are viewing this thread