EbAy - purchased TVS 2013 take off blower from ShelbyAuctions - need info

Don03cobra

Established Member
I just purchased (on eBay) a "take off TVS 2.3 supercharger"
I have a 2010 GT500 convertiblle- only mods is 2.6 pully and JLT Resonator elimination kit, Idler pully.
This is a total garage queen - will see nice sunny evenings 15 times annually.
I've had 10 second Fox body cars as well as have owned a couple of Terminators - That being said, I want to lose ZERO drivability as well as ZERO reliability.
I doubt I'll ever rev to 6K - I am only adding this blower because it could be an easy 100HP.

Plans -
TVS 2.3 2013 take off kit from ShelbyAuctions should be here this upcoming week.
* anyone in here every purchased this take off kit from them?
* if so, will I need any other parts/pieces to complete install? (other than potential belt and tune upgrade)
Steeda 3 core dual fan upgrade kit

Other than an updated tune on my ITSX (already requested) I have couple questions.

1) I'm thinking about purchasing 2013 fuel injectors. Ive seen the for $250, since the fuel rails will be off, this seems like a no brainer.

2) Pullies?
Anyone know which size pully will produce how much boost using the dual 65mm throttle bodies?
Also, if I do upgrade to the 55lb injectors from the 47lb, how much boost can I safely push with stock pumps, rails and no BAP?

Ive spent weeks searching and have found many fragments of answers but nothing comprehensive... all and any help is much appreciated!!!

Don

RBB

Established Member
I'd do the injectors if I were you. They'll give you more options as far as how much boost you can push.

I run a 2.6" pulley on my TVS and make about 16.4 lbs peak with an off-road mid pipe and a VMP twin 67. It hovers a little under 16 lbs through most of the RPM range though.

Different tuners will tell you different things as far as when you'll need a BAP and injectors. If you want to run one of the smaller pulleys on your TVS you'll need injectors at a minimum, though.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Leave the stock pulley on the TVS, it's already a 2.67". Do injectors, then log and check duty cycle. You shouldn't need a BAP or bigger pumps, but every car is different.

jml1521

Established Member
I have a Tvs on my 07 with a 72l&m and a 2.67 pulley with 13-14 injectors. My fuel pump duty cycle was in the mid 90% range. At 16.5 lbs of boost. With jlt123 cold air. I just recently switched pumps to the Aeromotive 325s. Have plenty of room now.

nxhappy

Established Member
with the injectors....go big or go home. Get some 80 pound or 100 pound injectors. Many people run the FRPP 80lb injectors with no issues, and they are about $400. They do require the FRPP injector space kit for another $30..

With my current setup (2.4 upper, 55lb injectors, KB BAP, 16 pounds boost) my fuel pump DC is around 82%.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Bought the same take off stuff about a year ago. It didn't come with injectors so I bought some used stock 13/14 injectors. Also got a 2.4 upper from VMP. With the kit they'll send you a 13/14 HE. This is pretty large unit, atleast twice the size of the stock 12 I took off which was larger than the '09 unit laying in my garage. To install this unit I purchased the install kit from VMP which is essentially a harness, hoses, and mounting plate for the IC pump, well worth the $130. I'm using VMP for tuning. They know TVS's.

Users who are viewing this thread