Ebay Price above MSRP

Helmet

Established Member
I was fooling around on ebay and typed in gt350 and to my surprise dealers are selling their allotted gt350's with a starting bid over MSRP. heres a regular gt350 going for 25k over sticker already!! i understand this is a game changer for ford but 25k! i wonder what an R would go for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...tr=true&hash=item58cf69e981&item=381436946817

Looks like they have 2 people running up the bids one of them took the bid from $610.00 to $15,000.00 the Bidding is rigged

bpmurr

Established Member
They did the same thing with the 50th Limited Edition 2015 Mustang GT. My dad scooped a brand new one a month ago for invoice. Patience!

Helmet

Established Member
I hope it's shill bids but there's a chance it might be the latter...

One bidder took the bid from $610.00 to $15,000.00 that is a shill bid, If he wanted to go high then bid $1,000.00. Not to mention that the VIN# is not the correct one for that car and against Ebay policy

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
They did the same thing with the 50th Limited Edition 2015 Mustang GT. My dad scooped a brand new one a month ago for invoice. Patience!
Yep.
As I've previously posted, I bought two (well...ordered one, bought a second) '13 GT500's in June '12. This was, at most, a month or two after the initial cars were in owner's hands. These will be no different.
S.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yep.
As I've previously posted, I bought two (well...ordered one, bought a second) '13 GT500's in June '12. This was, at most, a month or two after the initial cars were in owner's hands. These will be no different.
S.

Yeah anyone paying ADM is only paying that for right to some of the first few allocations. This car will depreciate better than a regular Mustang, but still depreciate like anything else.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hmm.

It looks like the same guy bid 3x in a row to bump it to $25K?

I'm not certain how ebay works though.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Lol at people paying over sticker. Do your homework, then do the leg work. It's not that hard

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
It's a free market, and if dealers want to charge over MSRP, and a consumer is willing to pay that markup, then obviously there's nothing necessarily wrong with that. But when a dealer tries to manipulate pricing by playing games on eBay and/or other sites by using shill bidders to jack up the price, that's a dealer that'll never get a dime from me. Scumbags.
S.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I got my 04 Cobra on eBay. Dealer had a super lowball price on it, I called him and offered $2500.00 more to sell it to me outright. He was all "Naw, let's see how it does." assuming there would be a bidding frenzy.....

No one bid but me. I got a year-old Mystichrome convertible with 300 miles on it for next to nothing. A decade later it just turned 7400 miles - and that's only that high after driving it from Ohio to Florida in 2011....

Users who are viewing this thread