eBay front bumper?

Steve23

Established Member
So, I'm in a pickle. My car has the awful, front plate bracket installed on the bumper. My question to you guys is pretty simple. There is a company selling 03/04 front bumpers, painted with OEM Ford paint. To respray my front bumper and fill in the bracket holes, it will cost me more than buying this pre-painted color matched bumper. My question is, should I do it, swap bumpers then sell my OEM? Or is there that much difference in value over OEM and aftermarket? Also, im am just questionable to the quality of thise bumpers. Any input, experience is appreciated, thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Someone on here has one. He said it was decent for the price I think.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

headtiK03

Established Member
Would also like to know thoughts on this. My front bumper has a crack right under the right hand head light. It looks like it was attempted at repair once, and looks awful. My bumper is suffering from bracket holes as well.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I purchased one for a Cobra I sold months back, it fit like OEM but I purchased the non-painted one and took it to a shop to have it installed and painted.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I purchased one for a Cobra I sold months back, it fit like OEM but I purchased the non-painted one and took it to a shop to have it installed and painted.

I also purchased a non painted bumper and was quoted 500 to paint it and a headlight nose panel and to install both. Didn’t get it done due to having a major failure in the car, but it isn’t as expensive as you think. There are shops out there that do great work and won’t charge you an outrageous amount of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a prepainted spoiler fo my Fusion a couple years ago. The Colo match was perfect and the fit was great. However that's a bit different from a bumper.

Steve23

Established Member
I appreciate the info guys. The only thing is, if I buy the unpainted eBay bumper im spending more than it would cost me to just have the holes filed in my bumper and resprayed. My bumper is in near perfect shape. I'm only contemplating this because Im looking at about 300$ to have the 4 drilled holes filled and the entire bumper repainted. But buying the unpainted bumper and theb having it sprayed is kind of pointless, when I can just take my bumper off, have the holes filled and painted regardless. I was more curious about that eBay bumpers overall quality and the quality if thw paint on it with the presprayed eBay front bumper. It sounds like I should just have my bumper done up, because the quality seems hit it or miss.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beastmar

Established Member
I've purchased an ebay painted bumper and I thought it was a great deal for what is was. Make sure you stick with a reliable seller. I had some issues with the first bumper they had sent to me. They didn't completely paint the bottom portion of the bumper (you can see paint splatter and some black). But I contacted them, told them my issue and they sent another one back out. Fitment could be better but for 300 or whatever I paid for, I was fine with keeping it on my car. No one can tell unless I point out its flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread