ebay find, 5.0 with rare 83 turbo hood!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
**** is wrong with the car? :shrug:

I think that is awesome! I always loved the Starion/Conquest cars and the 5.0 powertrain is just the icing on the cake. I might just bid on that shit!

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
**** is wrong with the car? :shrug:

I think that is awesome! I always loved the Starion/Conquest cars and the 5.0 powertrain is just the icing on the cake. I might just bid on that shit!

I agree with you on both points. The Starion was underapreciated at best. The 5.0 is more user freindly...

The only thing I worry about is if the owner took blurry pictures, what kind of build quality can we expect?

70mach1

Established Member
its a nice car but he wants a trade for a challenger or hemi dart, yeh no1 is gunna get rid of hemi dart for a starion no matter how nice it is

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I agree with you on both points. The Starion was underapreciated at best. The 5.0 is more user freindly...

The only thing I worry about is if the owner took blurry pictures, what kind of build quality can we expect?

I dunno but looking at the interior and the fact it has "ported and polished 79 351W" heads I'd say its not worth 11.5K

I never understood why people put 351W heads, especially smogger years, on 302's. THEY ****ING FLOW WORSE!! He went out of his way to get mediocre performing heads on the motor. This wouldn't be the case for CERTAIN 351W heads but D4 through E3+ are smogger year heads with big chambers and horrible flow. YEA LETS GO OUT OF OUR WAY TO LOSE COMPRESSION AND AIRFLOW, WEEEEEE! But well port it back to stock or slightly better than stock 302 head specs all the while maintaining a loss in compression.

Users who are viewing this thread