ebay experiences

63XL514

Established Member
Hey guys,
I am trying to find out how the ebay thing really works. Let me know what your experiences have been. Do you not pay until your car actually sells? There are 2 or 3 links on how to sell a car from their site so I just wanted to find out some info from someone that has actually sold a car on there recently. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
don't waste your time. With e-bay you have to pay to list then pay a fee on the total. I have posted a few things on ebay but none of it has sold. Its a bunch of tire kickers. Try craigslist its free

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
yeah it's been a couple of years since I've bought/sold anything on there.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
If your buying, it almost always a win-win. Your experience is ALWAYS based on the person you buy off tho...so before you bid, make sure their feedback is adequate, otherwise it shouldn't be too much of shock when the seller ends of being a bum and/or scam artist.

From the selling point of view, it's great IF you have no better means to sell something OR if it's a hot ticket item. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, the fee's will add up quickly. After listing fees, final fees, then paypal fees, it's normal to have lost at least 10-20% of the auction winning price. It's nice to sell rare stuff that you have no other means of getting rid of, but don't think it's a gold mine like some of the retarded TV commercials make it sound.

ghall

Established Member
I've sold 2 cars on there and bought 2 others. Once you weed out the crap and be careful to check the little things--feedback, carfax, good descriptions---things will go great. I got absolutely top dollar for the two i sold!:banana:

bam

Established Member
If your buying, it almost always a win-win. Your experience is ALWAYS based on the person you buy off tho...so before you bid, make sure their feedback is adequate, otherwise it shouldn't be too much of shock when the seller ends of being a bum and/or scam artist.

From the selling point of view, it's great IF you have no better means to sell something OR if it's a hot ticket item. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, the fee's will add up quickly. After listing fees, final fees, then paypal fees, it's normal to have lost at least 10-20% of the auction winning price. It's nice to sell rare stuff that you have no other means of getting rid of, but don't think it's a gold mine like some of the retarded TV commercials make it sound.

Agree with all of this.
Selling on ebay is kind of a crap-shoot. Nothing's worse than spending half your asking price in listing fees.

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Ebay used to rule but now it sucks. They do nothing about people who bid and don't pay. I sold a four wheeler three times and never once got the money. Then on the same four wheeler I got negative feedback. Couldn't leave them feedback back because sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. Plus under there new system the negative rating they left me locked my account so I couldn't sell anything until I get my rating up. Wow hard to F'n sell anything to get your rating up when your account is locked. I had almost three hundread positive feedbacks and three negatives since 2002. I post stuff for my dad every now and again but other than that I am done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread