EBAY Dishonesty?

nogrip

Established Member
I was perusing ebay for some sn95's, and i ran upon this one. Im pretty sure 94-95's had horizontal taillights, as well as the 95 cobra had a bumper that said cobra on it. can anyone tell me whats going on with this auction?

Auction Here

MangledAxle

Do you hear that?!
Established Member
well, the car has custom seq tail lights so they are not original, also the car has a lot of mods so i wouldn't be suprised by what you find on it. simply run the VIN to verify that it, the year, model, and mileage.

nogrip

Established Member
MangledAxle said:
well, the car has custom seq tail lights so they are not original, also the car has a lot of mods so i wouldn't be suprised by what you find on it. simply run the VIN to verify that it, the year, model, and mileage.

Oh nice, i didnt notice that. Thanks!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
In the VIN number im not sure what number it is, maybe 10 there should be a 'd' this means its a cobra.

The 95- 5.0 engine, 'mustang' rear bumper, hood has snorkels instead of scoops (same hood as the gt) the 94-95 wheels are all silver whereas the 96-97 have black around the spokes. the 94-95 have no 3rd brake in trunk (its in the spoiler).

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
It's got a 94/95 intake, 94/95 bumper, 94/95 spoiler, 94/95 tach (redline is 5800) and the VIN says it's a Cobra. I think he just added the 96-98 taillights to update the car and make it not appear as old as it actually is. The car looks great and the motor's pretty clean. How the car drives is another issue. I'd be scared to buy it without driving it first. Blown cars are generally not treated very nicely...especiall when they're ready to be sold. The guy/gal will want to know what the car can do before finally parting away with it...at least that's what i'd do. LOL

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
The '94 / '95 didn't say Cobra on the bumper ...

Very nice looking Cobra, with a load of mods, but 17K is what it's worth to the owner, not most buyers.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
raven69david said:
It's got a 94/95 intake, 94/95 bumper, 94/95 spoiler, 94/95 tach (redline is 5800) and the VIN says it's a Cobra. I think he just added the 96-98 taillights to update the car and make it not appear as old as it actually is. The car looks great and the motor's pretty clean. How the car drives is another issue. I'd be scared to buy it without driving it first. Blown cars are generally not treated very nicely...especiall when they're ready to be sold. The guy/gal will want to know what the car can do before finally parting away with it...at least that's what i'd do. LOL

+12
The VIN is right, and it even has the cobra oil cooler lines on it.....he's just got '96+ lights on it like mine

Users who are viewing this thread