Eaton vs Whipple Sound

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
It would be nice if the Whipple sounded like a Posi ported Eaton! I'll never sell my Posi ported car just for that reason. Yeah I know.

stangfreak

Established Member
quieter the blower the more efficient it is. That's why certain blowers they say to run only x amount of boost. Big blowers can run huge boost. still pull up top. But there quiet.

The supercharger sound is cool. I know. But for me it was cool 11 years ago when I bought this car

ttk53

Established Member
quieter the blower the more efficient it is. That's why certain blowers they say to run only x amount of boost. Big blowers can run huge boost. still pull up top. But there quiet.

The supercharger sound is cool. I know. But for me it was cool 11 years ago when I bought this car

never heard more BS in my life

my tvs must be making no power making all this noise!!!!!!!!

[youtube_browser]cRyzb16PBsU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

sicfast

Established Member
However the crusher inlet is also an option with the Whipple..... How much (if at all) would this effect it's whine?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
never heard more BS in my life

my tvs must be making no power making all this noise!!!!!!!!

[youtube_browser]cRyzb16PBsU[/youtube_browser]

THAT! Hell yes! What setup do you have? BJ has been leaning on me about the TVS. Scream like a bitch & scratching gears. Nice!

cj428mach

Established Member
A Whipple will make noise but you just have to turn up the boost. I have a gen 1 and it starts to get loud at about 17+lbs.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I'm actually going back to the eaton coming from a low boost whipple car. And surprisingly very happy about it as I have other ideas for the car. There are other reasons why I did but no need to go into detail. So I'm actually looking forward to hearing the eaton whine.

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Sounds amazing. What size pulley do you have, 3.0? I have the same 2.3 whipple gen. 2 with a 3.5 and it's super quiet. I would like a little more whine out of it.
Thank you.

It's a gen 1 with a RR 2.9 upper pulley made 18.7 pounds with longtubes

03cobraracer

Established Member
i love the sound of my 2.2 KB. not the best blower out there but the sound alone is intoxicating.. I wanna go tvs someday but it will be hard.

Users who are viewing this thread