Eaton Swop

Venom '01

Stangless for now...
Established Member
I have a 2001 cobra and i want to sc it. I origionally wanted to get a procharger eventually but its a little expensive. I was thinking about doing an eaton swop and I have a friend that is willing to sell me his eaton. Will this sysyem work well with my car and will it produce a good enough amount of power?

Invictus

Banned
Yes, it will work and yes it will produce good power :rockon:

99/01 cobras have have a higher compressoin ratio than the 03/04's so will make more power with less boost. Careful though, the internals aren't nearly as strong.

tr04mach

Established Member
Great setup but you're going to need a lot of parts so make sure you do your research. There is a link in the new edge section here and a ton of info on mach1registry in the power adder section. I'd highly reccommend it but make sure you do your research first, there are like 70 parts needed.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Yeah its not as easy or simple as everyone think it is. Research before jumping the gun. Good luck.

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Go to the new edge section and search for eaton swap. It has been covered a million times over there. There is a lot of parts involved and getting them all can add up to more then a procharger. Your best bet is to find a 03-04 doing a turbo swap and swap parts. Also if you find a wrecked cobra take the parts off of it, thats what I did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread