Eaton swapped need a clutch.....opinions?

watman02

Established Member
Have an 04 Eaton swapped Mach making 10#s put down 481hp 482tq stock clutch. Now the pedal is really high and feels like it is slipping every once in awhile. Has a 31spline rear and I leave on 10psi at track on 275/50r15 Mt streets. Also I drive it a proxy 4000mls a year on street.
What are you opinions on a clutch?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I like my pro-motion 520rwhp cobra clutch. Easier pedal effort than stock and holds well. Some light chatter in 1st until it's broken in and you get used to feeding the clutch how it likes. I'd buy another one in the future, if I had to.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
i have the spec stage 2+. 2nd clutch in the car and so far my favorite. have the rxt in the cobra and if you have the money i would go that route. just make sure to go with a FR TB

centerforce

Established Member
Our dual friction clutch sounds like it'd be a good fit for you. It can hold well into the 600 ft/lb range, and has just about the same pedal pressure as stock. If there's any more info we can give you, please let us know!

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
^^ I'm a big fan of Centerforce. I've had their parts on my last 3 Mustangs and they've been great for the street and track. Hold up to power extremely well and do great on the street.

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
I used to run a Centerforce light metal series and I really liked it. Pedal felt stockish and never slipped, it revved fast. I was cobra swapped upper and lower pullies etc... I now run the RXT and it really is lighter than stock, a little harder to finesse because it grabs so hard, but just takes a little longer to get used to, great clutch. Can't go wrong with either!

Users who are viewing this thread