Eaton Swapped Mach Gets Tuned

tr04mach

Established Member
Finally got the mach tuned today and I was happy with the results. Great to have it running again. Tuning was done at excessive motorsports in Manassas, VA. They did great work as usual. It was 8lbs of boost and about 17degress of timing with the a/f in the upper 11's . I had two tunes setup for a DD street tune and one a bit more aggresive for when I need it. Numbers are in STD, I forgot to get the SAE numbers. Only mods are slp headers, catted x, lm2's and a jlt intake. Now its just time for the track to get some real numbers.

100_0357.jpg

100_0359.jpg

tr04mach

Established Member
wow nice numbers dude!!

instant Torque FTMFW!!!!!

thanks, I love the instant torque with the eaton on there.

looks like some pretty decent numbers for 8lbs 462 and 425?

I was definitely happy with the numbers, especially on a conservative tune. Can't beat that on 8lbs of boost.

Congrats on the Swap... :burnout:

How long did it take you to complete it ? :read:

Thanks, the swap took awhile because I was finishing up my senior year of college 4hrs away from home so I only got back occasionally to work on it. The swap wasn't that hard once I had the parts, I spent about 2 months looking for all of those at good prices.

cw1970

Established Member
Wow, that's really good numbers! Did you have the motor built for boost? Are you still running the high compresion ratio?

musclefan21

Established Member
holy cow! thats the smoothest hp and tq line i have ever seen. good job.

I have a buddy here with a eaton blown mach 1. it has been 3 years and he ran 11.98 with 4.30 gears. i think he made 435rwhp.

tr04mach

Established Member
Wow, that's really good numbers! Did you have the motor built for boost? Are you still running the high compresion ratio?

I'm running on the stock longblock currently. My tuner assured me I was very safe and I trust him. I'd love to build the motor down the road and crank the boost/throw a kb on top of it but we'll see how the funds are later on. I am running the high compression mach motor which is why it made the numbers it did. Its nice running stock boost and making the numbers the cobra guys do pullied.

Nice Numbers!

The Eaton looks at home in there too :beer:

Thanks, thats what I really liked about the swap was just that everyone i've opened the hood for looking for a shiny supercharger can't find it. I have to point it out everytime. I love the sleeper appeal of it.

holy cow! thats the smoothest hp and tq line i have ever seen. good job.

I have a buddy here with a eaton blown mach 1. it has been 3 years and he ran 11.98 with 4.30 gears. i think he made 435rwhp.

It pulls so incredibly smooth I really can't believe it. 3 years and running ain't bad, i'm hoping mine will last for quite awhile and it should running this low boost and the conservative tune. I can't wait for the track to get that first 11second timeslip.

Nice man, congrats and it looks fun. :D

Thanks, its so much fun. I've been dying to get a blower ever since like a month after I got the car and it began to just feel normal. I went from my last car which had 135whp to my stock mach at 265whp to a bolton mach which was like 311 to the blown mach which is 462whp. Its been quite a jump, i'm definitely enjoying it. I'm sure its just a matter of time until this feels normal and I need to build the block for more power.

Last edited:

jumperjack

Established Member
Nice

Nice #s . Having any trouble hooking up? I am in the process of the swap with a new aluminator and stage 5. Do the Nittos hook? Love how you kept the shaker hood and I'll bet you will stun alot of people with that setup. Keeps us posted when you get to the track.
Jack

tr04mach

Established Member
Nice #s . Having any trouble hooking up? I am in the process of the swap with a new aluminator and stage 5. Do the Nittos hook? Love how you kept the shaker hood and I'll bet you will stun alot of people with that setup. Keeps us posted when you get to the track.
Jack

Thanks, I actually have been surprised how well it hooks up. I still spin some on a cooler night but during the day on a hot day it seems to hook good so far. I haven't had a ton of time to play around with it yet but I stomped it in 1st the last nice hot day we had here and it just hooked and went. Sounds like you'll have a sweet setup here soon enough. With the built block and stage 5 you're definitely going to have some fun. You may have more trouble than me hooking since you'll have more power likely. I'm very excited to get to the track and see how it does, I will definitely have numbers up when I do. As far as the shaker I had to keep it, gotta have that sleeper look. Most everyone I've popped the hood for doesn't know where my blower is except for the few people that really know stangs well. I wanted to find a way to mount the intake tubes from the shaker down to the air filter but I may get to that sometime, gonna be some custom work but it would cover up just about everything that way. I'm just happy I finally got it to work. Lots of fine tweaking with my custom brackets to get the right height and all that good stuff. My first idea I came within like 3/4 of an inch of making it work with a modified stock bracket and shaker but after spending a couple days I had to start over with a new idea. Atleast it worked out. I swear my temp needle sits slightly lower than it used to with all that cold air getting pushed in on top of the blower. Good luck with your project and if you run into any problems just shoot me a pm and I'll try my best to help you out.

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It would be an awsome feeling when some guy pulls up to you and thinks it's just a "mach". Then they hear the whine and realize they are in big trouble. These cars are nasty N/A, must be a blast boosted.

Awsome car!

Users who are viewing this thread