Eaton Swap

nick88

Established Member
Just got my car back from the shop. 401 hp,391 ft. lbs of trq to the wheels. I'm so glad I went with the pd blower over centrifugal as I mostly drive on the street. I love the low end power my car has now. Just thought I'd share but to each their own.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Just got my car back from the shop. 401 hp,391 ft. lbs of trq to the wheels. I'm so glad I went with the pd blower over centrifugal as I mostly drive on the street. I love the low end power my car has now. Just thought I'd share but to each their own.
Yup, my car is so much more fun to drive after the swap. Nothing like hitting it from a 40 roll and spinning drag radials!

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
those are pretty much basic stock 03-04 cobra numbers.... I dont see why its considered low if he has a basic every day run of the mill eaton on it..

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
He should have a little edge on a stock terminator with 9.85:1 compression as opposed to 8.5:1. However, there are so many factors that can be causing his numbers. But going from 2xx rwhp to 401, that's sure to put a smile on his face! Congrats and great choice on the swap!

2001cobravert

Established Member
450-460 on 8 psi is what I'm used to seeing with stock Eaton's. There are a few variables that could determine the lower numbers such as timing, Maf, fuel...etc
But congrats on the swap! You will feel quite a power difference especially at low rpm's. Have fun and get ready to purchase some drag radials.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
450-460 on 8 psi is what I'm used to seeing with stock Eaton's. There are a few variables that could determine the lower numbers such as timing, Maf, fuel...etc
But congrats on the swap! You will feel quite a power difference especially at low rpm's. Have fun and get ready to purchase some drag radials.
Sounds about right. Mine made 440 with the stock pulley on a safe tune in a damn near 100 degree day.

Users who are viewing this thread