eaton swap....

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I don't think it's too expensive? Should be no more than $2k. I believe the installation can be a pain in the azz. I looked into doing it myself at one time, but I decided to go ProCharger.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
There is a parts list somewhere on here and also over on the registry. Apparently some of the parts are hard to find (or simply a pain in the ass to find) unless you can find a donor car or someone with a Term that is completely taking all of the original blower equipment off for another build.

When I asked this question before a lot of people made the following observations: (a)why would you go with a roots since it's the least efficient blower out there, (b) for about the same amount of $ you can get a centri that is made specifically made for your car AND (c) if you buy a kit you don't have to assemble all the parts yourself over an extended period of time (d) some kits even come with a warranty. (e) if you go eaton you still have to do fuel system upgrade- the kits include this already (f) for a little more money you can go kb or Turbo and get a far better bang for your buck.

Fot all the reasons I mentioned I've decided to just wait and get a kit that's made for my car.

GL in whatever you decide.

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
Well if you look on eBay there are always used Eatons going for around $300 or less. So I guess if you can find the other parts and have the time to do the swap then you can save big money. I was talkin to a friend at the track who did the swap on his '01 cobra and in total he spent under $400.

BT03mach-1

Established Member
i think the timing chain cover is hard to find. If I could do it for a $1000 i would but $2000 i would look at other things

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
$1500-2000 plus Fuel upgrades and ALOT of headache. I think it is a cool mod...I love a pos. displ. blower on the machs...but it just wasn't economical for me.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
There is a parts list somewhere on here and also over on the registry. Apparently some of the parts are hard to find (or simply a pain in the ass to find) unless you can find a donor car or someone with a Term that is completely taking all of the original blower equipment off for another build.

When I asked this question before a lot of people made the following observations: (a)why would you go with a roots since it's the least efficient blower out there, (b) for about the same amount of $ you can get a centri that is made specifically made for your car AND (c) if you buy a kit you don't have to assemble all the parts yourself over an extended period of time (d) some kits even come with a warranty. (e) if you go eaton you still have to do fuel system upgrade- the kits include this already (f) for a little more money you can go kb or Turbo and get a far better bang for your buck.

Fot all the reasons I mentioned I've decided to just wait and get a kit that's made for my car.

GL in whatever you decide.
I agree with everything except "f)". I don't think it would be 'a little more'. THen again...I guess that is all relative. LOL

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I agree with everything except "f)". I don't think it would be 'a little more'. THen again...I guess that is all relative. LOL

You're right they're about twice as much as a base centri- I figured Vortech/Procharger is about 3200, with aftercooler and powerpipe about 4400. And a KB or Hellion is in the 5500-5800 range. I keep forgetting about my discount- it skewed my #'s a bit.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
You're right they're about twice as much as a base centri- I figured Vortech/Procharger is about 3200, with aftercooler and powerpipe about 4400. And a KB or Hellion is in the 5500-5800 range. I keep forgetting about my discount- it skewed my #'s a bit.

Where can I get a procharger for $3200, is that new or used?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
85sTaNg said:
I was talkin to a friend at the track who did the swap on his '01 cobra and in total he spent under $400.

Who ever told you this is blowing smoke up your ass unless someone GAVE him the parts for free.

After it was all said and done and I factor in the cost of the upgraded heat exchanger, blower port and snout rebuild, plus the wideband and fuel system, I have about $2200 total in it (after selling my stock take off stuff).

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
Where can I get a procharger for $3200, is that new or used?

Just looked online- http://www.need-4-speed.com/procharger.htm
5300 for the stg II intercooled.

I bought one from superchargersonline.com for 4800.00 that included the anderson powerpipe and shipping to Hawaii.

They quoted to me over the phone that a basic system with no extras (ie powerpipe and aftercooler) was in the 3200-3400 range. Of course they gave me a military discount and they worked on the price for me but sometimes all it takes is a phone call. This was 2 years ago though so prices may have gone up.

here is one for 3600- https://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8atib.htm

+1 :bs: on the swap for 400. If it's true, he was GIVEN the system. It'll cost 400 bucks just to tune it and that's AFTER/IF you assemble all the parts properly. Sure it's been done but there are more simple/better/more reliable routes you can go. Just my .02 though.

Last edited:

Georgie

Established Member
well i am considering this swap beacaus when i get a cobra i intend to go turbo, and buy a mach 1 engine for my fox. so id like to swap over all the terminator blower stuff to the mach one engine. So my fox will be light and pack a punch! but dont u have to change the compression ratio in the mach1 to be boost friendly??
wheres this parts list ur all taking about?

Shinigami

Established Member
the compression is fine on the mach unless you wann run REALLY high boost. if anything you really need forged internals. They will crap out about 450whp.

I'd really like to see a Terminator+ SCT and a Mach1 with stock 03 boost numbers + sct both dyno and do a few 1/4 runs just to see how much the solid rear, lighter front end, and higher compression would really help over all.

Georgie

Established Member
well im sure my fox would fly with the sc\alum block & termi internals...a fox is much lighter as a shell that a 04 mach 1 as a shell right (no motor) ? im looking to make 500 @ the wheels in my fox and 600+ in the term...time will tell

Spartacus

Banned
All that in a fox... Hmm... Sounds interesting.

I myself have this exact plan in mind. I have an 04 Mach 1 and Im plannning on buying an 04 Cobra in a month or so. Im going to swap all the eaton s/c stuff over to my Mach 1, then port it and put an HPP twin turbo kit on my Cobra. I agree with needing forged internals. Im going to be keeping my boost conservative to be safe. I dont want crazy HP numbers outta my Mach 1, thats why Im buying the Cobra. Im looking for approx. 500rwhp outta my Mach and 750-800rwhp outta my Cobra.

Let me ask this though... Do you guys think it would be better, more efficient, and cost effective to buy a Kenne Bell instead? Maybe a 2.2? I know alot of people think these are crap, but like I said its not about the crazy HP #, If I wanted that I would just buy a whipple.

Georgie

Established Member
if its not about crazy HP for the Mach, then just keep the eaton and send it to steigmeir..thats what im going to do..alot of guys are making 500\500 with the stock blower on the termi..i dont think it would be any different for the Mach if u have the supporting mods..

Users who are viewing this thread