Eaton swap+STB?s

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Anyone have an eaton swap with a MM STB under the stock hood?
If not does anyone think it would fit?

BTW, haven't done the swap yet so I can't measure myself. Thanks for any help you can give.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
It won't fit under a stock hood. The MM STB for an eaton sits too high. I went through this same issue. I ended up getting a 00 R hood and the MM STB for a whipple/KB car. Figure that way if I ever do a whipple the clearance is there and I won't need to buy a new brace.

You could also get an 03 cobra hood and use that if you wanted to. I just like the 00 R hood and opted to go that route. I got it from HO Fibertrends and very impressed with it. Looks great on the car and its fully functional.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Does that hood require hood pins? Are you running pins? I'm protective of making sure my hood is latched and won't fly up, so this hood makes you comfortable?

I like the Cobra R hood, I just haven't seen anyone with a functional aftermarket one. Is yours vented, if so did you have to vent it yourself?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Mine isn't pinned. It uses the factory latch setup. I had HO Fibertrends make it functional and they added in mesh screen on the vents to keep things out of the engine bay. They cut the vents out free of charge, but they do charge you a bit more to install the screens. The venting is HUGE. I can see heat pouring out of the vents on a summer day.

HO Fibertrends made the R hood for Ford in 2000 which is part of the reason I went with them. The other is because they were a lot cheaper than Cervinis.

Users who are viewing this thread