Eaton swap quick question

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
Hey everyone. I am kicking around doing an eaton swap on my 99. Yes I have read and searched. I found someone selling a bundle that has the following:

eaton supercharger
stock pulley
throttle body
throttle cable (new)
choke cable (new)(not sure what this is) Cruise control maybe?
over haul gasket kit (new was $238 Fel-Pro pn [HS 26187])
intake manifold (4.6)
egr valve boost bypass sensor
MAT sensor.

Is this a good deal at 800, or should I try to get it cheaper?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
It seems like a decent deal. But you really need to add up what isn't there. Like the intercooler, intercooler manifold, pump, lower pulley. It's the little things that add up.

Oh, we don't have choke cables. That's a carb thing. :rolling:

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
LOL yea I was wondering WTF the choke cable was. I am thinking he meant cruise control? I just copy and pasted his add. Im budgeting around 3k for the rest. Should be doable. I have some relatives that work for ford dealers so ill get everything else I need at cost. Just curious if this was a good place to start.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Every time I searched for a Eaton swap when I added up what was missing it ended up not being a good deal. Ended up finding a complete Vortech kit for a third of price. Would have preferred the Eaton though. Hang in there and keep doing research so you will know when you find the right deal.

magzpony

Established Member
I'm wanting to do the same swap for my Mach1. Ultimately a Whipple is the end goal. I'm just starting my journey.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Pm 95SC on here to see if he is still selling complete swaps. I bought mine from him (minus the blower) in 2010 for like $2k (I imagine pricing must be different) and it had literally everything I needed. I just bought new timing cover gaskets, etc. Well worth the saving of the headache of locating everything. There were 3 huge boxes of parts delivered to my house

DHG4410

Established Member
Sorry to hijack but after the swap do you need to tow your car to a tuner? Basically will it start and run maybe not great but is it drive able?

Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sorry to hijack but after the swap do you need to tow your car to a tuner? Basically will it start and run maybe not great but is it drive able?

Thanks

If you want to drive it you can do one of two things. You can have your tuner send you a start up tune so you can start and drive the car. Or drive to your tuner with the stock MAF and injectors then swap to the new pieces when you get there. And stay out of boost either way.

Users who are viewing this thread