Eaton Swap is easy!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
That bracket is amazing! Not only doeas it solve the issue of swapping to an 03/04 timing cover, it also moves the alt off of the blower belt drive! What this mean is if you blower belt were ever to break you can still drive your car home and not be stuck somewhere.

wallie40

Established Member
It is easy, i think the hardest part is finding all the parts to make the swap work. I think i did mine in 04/05.

-Paul

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
That bracket is amazing! Not only doeas it solve the issue of swapping to an 03/04 timing cover, it also moves the alt off of the blower belt drive! What this mean is if you blower belt were ever to break you can still drive your car home and not be stuck somewhere.

With all the 03-04 Cobra alternator problems I gladly paid the price for the brackets to keep my perfectly fine 150,000 mile 01 Cobra alternator to see how long it lasts.

tvanlant

Established Member
No, it was just a cheap box. Kinda like this one:
JEGS Performance Products 10260 JEGS Battery Box and Box Kits

However, I only used the box. I made a plate that bolts to the floor pan, then another plate that holds the batter down. It was pretty simple to do when I had the fuel tank out.
I've got some pictures of it all. I'll try to upload them tonight or this weekend and post them here.

swt99svt

Established Member
No, it was just a cheap box. Kinda like this one:
JEGS Performance Products 10260 JEGS Battery Box and Box Kits

However, I only used the box. I made a plate that bolts to the floor pan, then another plate that holds the batter down. It was pretty simple to do when I had the fuel tank out.
I've got some pictures of it all. I'll try to upload them tonight or this weekend and post them here.

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing them.

Users who are viewing this thread