Eaton Snout Bolt Question

SVT GT

Established Member
I'm replacing the Eaton snout bolts on my Eaton M112 and would like to know which thread sealant to use? 316 S/S A4 socket head cap screws are going in place of the stock Eaton bolts. I found the torque specs but not the sealant information. There is some type of thread sealant on the stockers, but wouldn't S/S need a special thread sealant? or is that just going from S/S to S/S?

Thanks

SVT GT

Established Member
I went to the Ford dealer ship near my house and asked their parts dept. They said they use a thread lock that is blue. They use it on everything they put back together in their shop. Those snout bolts when I removed them (and replaced them one at a time) they did not feel like a 23lb torque setting.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^The old locktite will make them feel like more. You don't need much on there at all so just put a drop or even a smaller amount than that. They're 23ft lbs also when you put them back in.

shb5007

Established Member
I am having trouble getting the last OEM bolt out of the snout.

It is the one behind the inter-cooler hose. I took the hose off, but I can't get the bolt to come out and clear the metal fitting that attaches to the inter-cooler.

Any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread