Eaton Removal Whipple Install Question

sassafras

Established Member
Can you remove the eaton/intercooler/lower intake as an assembly all at once or are you required to split the lower intake off?

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
Yes, you can remove it all at once, and it's actually easier. Just have a couple guys around to help guide the whole thing out of the car once it's free, and to pull away any crap that's getting in the way like wiring harnesses and stuff. I just zip-tied everything I could out of the way.

It's also a lot easier if you're taking the fuel rails out of the car if you have the tool to disconnect them from the fuel line.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Dont forget to release the harness from the tab on the back of the lower intake...the first time its done i would advise seperating the blower from the lower to gain clean access to the tab that holds the harness to the lower, with the blower on it may be tough but im sure it can be done.

Paintslinger77

Established Member
Blwn04SVTcobra is correct in that the hardest part could be to remove the wiring harness from the lower intake with the blower on. It's hard enough with the blower already off the intake. However, I think it can be done with a couple guys to help you.

mack83

Established Member
Pick up the tool for disconnecting the fuel rail. I got a set of 6 different sizes of the tool for 11 bucks I think? Too cheap of a tool to pass up on

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Please for God's Sake do it all together...
I wasted about 5 hours with a buddy trying to do it the way Kenne Bell said to...
I was pissed and even called up GodStang and he told me to just drop it in all at once...

greengt88

Established Member
don't forget to get new o-rings for the intercooler fittings in the lower manifold, they are like $4 i think, just ask steve at tousley

Users who are viewing this thread