eaton rebuild ?

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
anyone ave experience on rebuilding their own (blower) snout bearings and coupler. i read somewhere that you dont have to remove the pulley to do the rebuild. mine is humming real bad even at idle in the front of the snout...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You will have to remove your pulley. Then knock out the shaft by supporting the case. The Bearing that you'll need to replace is pressed into the snout. The rear bearing towards the rotors should be fine. It's the one that is allways in the oil. The other one being in the snout won't get as much.

It's not to bad to do so I'd say go for it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Maybe find someone local with a Cobra also that might have one. Or take the snout off and go to the nearest tuner to just have them take it off.

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
i found a few guys on the terminator section selling the puller... cant beat 80 shipped or less and i own it.. how good is the moto blue puller. i foud it on rpm outlet for 100 shipped.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I've never seen the motoblue puller. I use the Metco one and know the BF is good also.

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
just found out that i dont need to rebuild my blower. tested the boost actuator and it is not working. took her off and i have to press real hard to push the arm in and it springs out..

Users who are viewing this thread