eaton reassembly

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
ive recently got my eaton back from porting but in pieces. the snout/gear assembly is still apart and i need to know if there is gaskets or sealant that seal these parts for reassembly

cbr repsol

Established Member
Ok there is three pieces to the puzzle. Blower case, Rotors and snout. First make sure the needle bearings have grease in them. If not you can use a Synthetic hi temp/hi load grease for the bearings. After geasing test fit the rotors into the case . Remove the rotors, there is a slot that you can use a flat head screwdriver to pry the blower case from the rotors. Then wipe the extra grease that may have got pushed out of the bearings. Then slide the rotors back in the blower case(no sealant is required) and tap with something soft like a rubber mallet to ensure its all the way in. Then on the snout to the rotors use a anaerobic gasket/sealant is what oem specs. I couldnt find any local so i used some high tack gasket sealant(Ive had no issues with leaks). item #80062 from auto-zone its about 6 bucks. The rotor gears have a coupler with three holes in it, ensure they fit into their male ends on the snout.Tighten the 8 blots to secure everything together. I tightened my snout by feel, i am told 21-23 ft/lbs is correct.Then spin the pulley by hand to ensure rotors dont bind and spin freely in the case. Finally install your supercharger and fill it with supercharger oil about 8oz. You can get it at ford but its 20buck for 4 oz. Ive used gm/pontiac supercharger oil p/n12345982, you can get it at a chevy dealer and its like 22 bucks for the 8 oz needed. Other wise you can use a synthetic motor oil like mobil 1 10-30 6 bucks for one quart. I hope this helps you. p.m. me if you need any additional help.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread