Eaton question!

JHC95

Established Member
I'm looking at going with a 2.8 RR upper pulley.. I currently have a Metco 4LB lower. Will the 2.8 and 4 LB lower over-spin the Eaton? If so, what size pulley should I stick with? I'm currently running the Stock upper.

b_dike

Established Member
Technically any blower rpm over stock is over spinning the Eaton.

A 2.8/#4 will be close to the Eaton's limits, but still a viable combo. Also you'd need a port to take advantage of the added rpm. Otherwise you'll just be creating tons of extra heat.

Without a port I'd just stay with what you have.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Throw a 2lb lower and call it a day. The eaton after 14lbs is just tapped out. Porting it does help with more flow, but your spinning the blower at crazy rpms. The heat will still be there. I had a 2.8 upper 4lb lower and switched back to a 2lb lower. Took out some boost and the car felt a little better up top. You will get different responses on here. some will tell you to run a 2.76 upper 6lb lower. will bet you on the street my 2.8 upper 2lb lower will beat that combo all day. good luck

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Throw a 2lb lower and call it a day. The eaton after 14lbs is just tapped out. Porting it does help with more flow, but your spinning the blower at crazy rpms. The heat will still be there. I had a 2.8 upper 4lb lower and switched back to a 2lb lower. Took out some boost and the car felt a little better up top. You will get different responses on here. some will tell you to run a 2.76 upper 6lb lower. will bet you on the street my 2.8 upper 2lb lower will beat that combo all day. good luck

2.76/6lb lower!!! Holy crap! For the street, the 2.8/2lb combo was probably prime.

Users who are viewing this thread