Eaton or Whipple on an Aviator?

Th3Ju99anaut

Hey guys just curious...I own an 03' Lincoln Aviator and I know it's got the Mach1 motor so I'm curious if an 03' Cobra Eaton Supercharger would work on it. Any ideas?

Th3Ju99anaut

yes with a lot of modifications, just get a procharger or a vorthech.

What's a lot of modifications inquire? I mean the motor is virtually the same...the heads are the same, what's really different? The lower intake? That's all I can really think of what could be different...granted I know it's not the Cast Iron block from the Cobra's but I've seen Mach1 motors with roots style.....plus I'm not sure if there's actually a kit for an Aviator from Procharger is there? Sorry for all the silly questions...I'm used to ****ing around with LS1's. :)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
You need a complete conversion from a cobra, brackets, lower intake, heat exchanger, intercooler, elect. water pump, the hoses, intercooler res. etc. Check out a 03 cobra w urs side by side. I'd look at a mach also side by side. U might think about a 100 wet shot w fogger nozzle. Not trying to discourage u but lots of parts and fabbing imo. Guy at work has had both a kb and a vortech on his navigator v10 pi. U might try trilogy, they have the marauder kits.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey guys just curious...I own an 03' Lincoln Aviator and I know it's got the Mach1 motor so I'm curious if an 03' Cobra Eaton Supercharger would work on it. Any ideas?
it will work, but it does require a decent amount of parts. just check out in the new edge forum on here. a lot of 99/01 cobra guys(including myself) have done this too.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I agree, get a procharger or vortech. Im sure either one of those manufacturers make a kit for the aviator.

As far as strength of the motor goes... itll run fine. I have an aviator long block in my cobra and it runs fantastic with the procharger.

-Homer

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
you need new timing gears and chains and covers also.....cobra motors are dual overhead cams, mach 1 is single and the intakes are also different but i could work

Users who are viewing this thread