Eaton on Termi squeeling sometimes,need opinons.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
This has been going on for a while now,but it is now worrying me. Sometimes during the morning or when it is cold,I start the car and I can hear the blower squeeling like bad brake pads squeeling. Not the whole time but comes and goes, it fades in and out and happens for about 2 secs each time as well is very noticeable. This is beginning to worry me more and more. After I am out of the garage and drive out of the housing track or down the road it stops,even after I come to a light and stop. I do not hear it while driving just at idol and once again it stops after brief driving. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

Spade

Established Member
After messing with my blower belt I noticed the noise the following day. I tried to listen as close as I could and mine sounded to be coming from one of the pullies rather then the blower. But like you said it went away after few minutes of driving. Don't know.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Yes,it is unnerving. I am going to remove the belt and check the pullies. Out of curiosity, is it alright to run the car briefly without the blower belt? Just a method of narrowing the cause.

EDIT: Even though it was squeeling before hand,I am just wondering how to make sure the blower is properly filled with oil. I usually inject it through the fill hole until it is pouring out and I quickly close it.

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
What you want to do is take the belt off the blower and run everything else, if it stops the sound it's the blower, if it continues it isnt. Usually belts squeek on these cars if they are too tight or too loose, sometimes they get old as well, might want to change yours.

As well idlers on these cars can fail and different hp levels, some people have 700-800hp and stock idlers and some people mess them up at 450, just depends on your belt setup. Get a stick of hard tubing or pipe and put it up to your ear and stick in near each idler as it makes the sound, you'll figure out which one it is.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
What you want to do is take the belt off the blower and run everything else, if it stops the sound it's the blower, if it continues it isnt. Usually belts squeek on these cars if they are too tight or too loose, sometimes they get old as well, might want to change yours.

As well idlers on these cars can fail and different hp levels, some people have 700-800hp and stock idlers and some people mess them up at 450, just depends on your belt setup. Get a stick of hard tubing or pipe and put it up to your ear and stick in near each idler as it makes the sound, you'll figure out which one it is.

Ok thank you I appreciate it.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I had the same thing happen after i put my blower on. At first i thought it was the eaton not getting enough oil, but that wasnt it. Then i thought it was the idler pullies, that wasnt it (at least thats what i think), finally i showed my buddy the vid of the car idling and he said its the bearings and it will need a rebuild. You can send it to Stieg. and they will rebuild it for you and you can get it ported at the same time.

Mine happened for a few days then it went away for a month or so and it came back. Recently it stopped. I wouldnt worry too much but its always good to get it checked.

Users who are viewing this thread