Eaton M112 Bolt problem

MustangChris

Established Member
Hey all,

I am swapping the pulley on my eaton and we have ran into a snag...

we got the plastic plug out but the guy i had port my blower crossed a few threads on the interior of the snout.

Does anyone have an early-run bolt and/or a pulley install tool that they could measure the threads for me?

We would like to get a tap in there to clean it out, but we have no idea what the threads are... the first 1 ~ 2 threads are the ones that are toast, so we cant even try different sized bolts to try and guess... (we dont even know if its metric because its ford; or standard because its eaton! LOL)

I just need:
Thread diameter.
Thread Pitch.

I can get the length on my own ;-)

Thanks all!
-Chris

Ironhand

Banned
Grab a stock un damaged bolt and take it to Home Depot and they have a thread pitch gauge in the bolt section. Not sure exact size but to me it looks like a M8

MustangChris

Established Member
Hm.

I don't think i was clear enough, sorry!

I am swapping the pulley on the front of the supercharger...

The threads were protected by a plastic pin (2003 1/2 - 2004 models had the pin, only early 2003s had a bolt.)

I do not have a pulley installation tool, nor an early 2003 bolt to measure (or to take to Home Depot.)

I was curious if anyone would be kind enough to measure (im sure most people on the forum have a bolt-measuring sheet) their installation tool's threads and diameter for me...

Our plan (for further clearification) is the following:

1) get thread measurments.
2) buy 1 foot of all-thread
3) use a couple of nuts, washers, all-thread, and a bearing to build our own install tool.

so... im on step #1 right now... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread