Eaton Conversion issues

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
I've just spent the last 4 weekends doing a Cobra Eaton install on my father-in-laws Mercury Marauder. I'm having a few issues that I have listed below.

So I'm working on getting this thing going with the Cobra Eaton Swap. She runs now, but I still haven't driven it due to the issues stated below.

The alternator still seems to be an issue but it seems to be generating voltage, so I think it's more of a 'how to fix the dummy light' issue and not so much a driveablilty issue. So I'll worry about that when we get it going.

It's doing some funky things though. It fires no problem, but then proceeds to rev to about 4,000 rpm for about 3 - 4 seconds before dropping back down to idle, and it does this when you rev it back up from idle also. Also, I'm getting an incredible amount of suction from the port on the back of the supercharger. So much so, that it's actually imploding the PCV hose that runs off of it and into the drivers side valve cover. There is also and odd humming noise that I can't seems to pinpoint, along with a hissing that sounds like a vaccuum leak that I can't find either. The humming starts as the car warms up a little more and sounds like one of those neon colored, corrugated, plastic pipes that kids twirl around their heads. Know what I'm talking about??? When I turn the car off it changes in tone and stops after a few seconds, and sounds like the pressure is being let out of the system.

I'm wondering if all the vaccuum lines are hooked up like they are supposed to be or if we have the wrong ones going to the wrong places on the boost bypass and whatever else is on the side of the supercharger.

Anyone have any theories, or suggestions of what to look at next.

Thanks,

Will

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
did you buy all these parts new ?

the only way I can see that hose flattening itself out is if the PCV valve is bad or clogged otherwise it should have plenty of air from inside the engine to suck out to avoid flattening the hose, or is it crimped somewhere else ? I'm betting the amount of suction is not the issue its a restriction somewhere causing it. It may all be related to one problem. By your sig you have an 03 Cobra have you comparred all the vacuum lines ?

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
I just got a response back from the Marauder guys. The PCV fittings on the Marauder are on the opposite sides from those on the Cobra. I've got it hooked up to the intake valve of the PCV system and that's why it's imploding the hose.

I'll switch them out tonight and see what that does for me.

Users who are viewing this thread