earthquake (merged thread)

GT_Jim

Established Member
So this morning we had a 5.4 earthquake, first time I have actually felt one in Indiana. Lasted about 10 secs. It was interesting to say the least and I don't think I would want to experience much more of one. No damage or injury have been reported so far. Apparently it was felt from St. Louis to mid Ohio and from KY to chicago.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
We felt it here in Bloomington, IN.
It freaked the wife out.

I guess theis here on campus shook pretty good.
I'm going to try to slip into a couple of the science buildings this morning and check out the seizmographs (IU has a couple in just about every building on campus). I want to see what a 5.4 earthquake looks like on paper!! I'll try to get pictures...

svt99rag

Established Member
Crazy Wake Up This Morning

Had my first experience with an earthquake this morning at about 5:45am. Thought I was in the exorcist, bed was shaking and I could hear things rattling, measured 5.4.

svt99rag

Established Member
So this morning we had a 5.4 earthquake, first time I have actually felt one in Indiana. Lasted about 10 secs. It was interesting to say the least and I don't think I would want to experience much more of one. No damage or injury have been reported so far. Apparently it was felt from St. Louis to mid Ohio and from KY to chicago.

It was aobut 30 seconds long in Indy. BTW you going to the car show on campus tomorrow?

darkhorse276

Established Member
Yup we had a pretty good shake. Woke everyone up. Well, at least five people that I know for sure, but I haven't left my room.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
It shook the house bad enough that it woke up the wife.
I was in the shower and didn't notice anything.

What is going on in Indiana this week?? Fighter planes shooting off flares, alleged ufo sightings, explosions and now an earthquake?!?!?! Maybe I'd better move to Cali, where it's safe. :dw:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
A good jolt to get the old blood flowing this morning ..... Even the dog started freakin out.

I live in Kentucky for crying out loud!!

Al Gore must be right!!!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Not just in Indiana .... We got shook pretty good here in the 'Ville. Whole house was shaking .....

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Bwhahahahahah .... The media coverage is so freakin ridiculous. They are out scouring the city looking for damage. They'll race up to something that looks damaged and come back and say "no, no, that looks like it has been there a while" and then move on ....

I hate the ****ing media !!!

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I heard it on the radio this morning.,. I didn't know there were fault lines in that area :shrug:

CLN 6R

Established Member
People said they felt it in Columbia, MO (where Mizzou is located) I didn't feel a damn thing, I slept through it.

Last edited:

blueovalfan

Established Member
I was typing on here at work last night , I thought someone grabbed my chair and shook it. Very freaky.

MonkeysL

Established Member
def woke my butt up. i thought i was having a dream b/c everything was shaking. not to common in central, IL!

Users who are viewing this thread