E85

OG_

Established Member
Searched E85 but the server didn't come up with anything :bored:

Can the stock fuel pump can run E85 w/ injectors and BAP alone? I read a post on a mustang fb page that some guy was making around 700 w/ that setup.

TIA :)

kaane

Established Member
I ran it for 2 weeks, made 739whp and then I melted a piston. So I wouldn't ever run that setup again without a proper fuel system. Stock pump even with BAP is just not sufficient.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I am running a JMP BAP@18V on the stock pump with E85. But like it was said, the stock pump WILL go out. Some only last a few weeks, and I had a friend who had his stock pump last for over 6 months and like 5000 miles. But it will go out. I am upgrading to a 465 mounted in the stock hanger. I'm not looking to make more power, I just want to run the power I am already at reliably. No since in dropping $1300+ on a fuel system I don't need and will probably never use.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I am running a JMP BAP@18V on the stock pump with E85. But like it was said, the stock pump WILL go out. Some only last a few weeks, and I had a friend who had his stock pump last for over 6 months and like 5000 miles. But it will go out. I am upgrading to a 465 mounted in the stock hanger. I'm not looking to make more power, I just want to run the power I am already at reliably. No since in dropping $1300+ on a fuel system I don't need and will probably never use.

I am in the same boat....I don't want to shoot for the moon on power, I want to keep what I have as safe as possible.......What does it take to mount a 465 in the stock hanger (hat).....Is it just take your stock pump out and put in a 465?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Searched E85 but the server didn't come up with anything :bored:

Can the stock fuel pump can run E85 w/ injectors and BAP alone? I read a post on a mustang fb page that some guy was making around 700 w/ that setup.

TIA :)

I made ~760 on E85 with stock pump and JMS BAP @21 volts w/hobbs set at 3psi. Would I suggest it...well no. If your looking for just a little more fuel and your upping the voltage a little i'd say you would be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread