E85 vs E50

Coryh0525

Established Member
Since terminators can’t run a flex fuel type tune, I am curious as to e85 and e50. I am worried about the gas mileage on e85 for traveling to Mexico for some racing. I don’t really want to run out. Is e50 a good compromise or is e85 mpg really not that bad? Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sleek98

Established Member
Basically you would need to leave with a full tank or hit up a station on your way out. Not sure what part of KC you are but there are a few stations here in KC that cover just about everywhere.

The temp stop up north and in Lees summit when on summer blend are usually 85-90% E. The grand slam downtown is usually 70 but it would get you home in a pinch. I dont know the % of the station out on the KS side. Unless your running way out then you should be ok.

Coryh0525

Established Member
I live a few miles away from the one in lees summit. How many miles can be expected on a tank of gas if you’re out racing?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

sleek98

Established Member
I lost 3-4 mpg highway. Out doing pulls you can watch the gauge fall if you do enough back to back to back pulls. I think it said I was getting 6 mpg when doing pulls. It says 9-9.5 when I am on 93.

I would say 150 miles give or take. I filled up in Lee’s summit then drove to work, up to us36 then back home and still had enough to swing by the station the next day.

If your that close I would switch worse case you can add a gallon of 91 to get you home if you still have 1/4 tank of e left.

Were pretty close I’m 9 miles from there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread