E85 VMP Gen 2 TVS Dyno numbers

mackdog2008

Established Member
So I had my car on the dyno Friday, this is the 1st time since I have been running E85 (which is actually E70) for over a year.

Made 728 RWHP and 624 RWTQ !

Last time on 91 I made 633rwhp and 558rwtq

That's on 10.8 pounds of boost.

My setup is:

-VMP gen 2 stage 3 TVS
-VMP twin jet 67mm throttle body
-ID1000 injectors
-VMP fuel pump booster (fuel system soon)
-JLT big air intake
-79mm pulley
-Stock headers
-Catless H-pipe
-GT500 Mid pipes from a 2013 GT500
-GT500 Quad tip axle backs
-Tune by Justin at VMP
-Stock motor

Before you tell me that I am going to blow the motor, I have been running this for over a year, Justin has assured me that I am perfectly fine, I have seen several people blow there motors at at less that 625rwhp and I have seen people run more than me and never had a problem.

Car has a lot of other mods but this is the powertrain setup.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone looking for E85 dyno numbers which by the way is actually ( E70 ) where I am it stayed E70 all year.

20151009_190254_zpst1qbktsq.jpg

evil281

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I have yet to dyno my gen2 stage 3 on E85 yet. I was thinking maybe by the end of the month I'll get mine done. The only difference is I am running an 82mm pulley and factory cats.

mackdog2008

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I have yet to dyno my gen2 stage 3 on E85 yet. I was thinking maybe by the end of the month I'll get mine done. The only difference is I am running an 82mm pulley and factory cats.
You are probably 650+
Wow man great numbers!!
Drive safe
Thanks!
That's a friendly dyno. Any track numbers?

No not yet, I have yet to take it to the strip, don't have a set of tires to hold the power good enough.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
That's awesome. I might be be dynoing in late October with the same set up. I believe we are E85 out here in Zona. I have yet to measure but all my logs look good. I will let you know the numbers I get. Did you ever get the BMR Watts link installed?

Rex Racer

Established Member
I just came back from the dyno today. I had some knock issues.

The long and the short of it is I am making 540 RWHP and 440 TQ at 6500 RPM on 91 octane.
I have the VMP Gen II kit:

• 82mm pulley
  • Dual 60mm TB
  • 123mm JLT CIA
  • 47lb injectors

I am thinking I will go for an upgrade to E85 before next summer.

bmoney50

Established Member
So I had my car on the dyno Friday, this is the 1st time since I have been running E85 (which is actually E70) for over a year.

Made 728 RWHP and 624 RWTQ !

Last time on 91 I made 633rwhp and 558rwtq

That's on 10.8 pounds of boost.

My setup is:

-VMP gen 2 stage 3 TVS
-VMP twin jet 67mm throttle body
-ID1000 injectors
-VMP fuel pump booster (fuel system soon)
-JLT big air intake
-79mm pulley
-Stock headers
-Catless H-pipe
-GT500 Mid pipes from a 2013 GT500
-GT500 Quad tip axle backs
-Tune by Justin at VMP
-Stock motor

Before you tell me that I am going to blow the motor, I have been running this for over a year, Justin has assured me that I am perfectly fine, I have seen several people blow there motors at at less that 625rwhp and I have seen people run more than me and never had a problem.

Car has a lot of other mods but this is the powertrain setup.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone looking for E85 dyno numbers which by the way is actually ( E70 ) where I am it stayed E70 all year.

20151009_190254_zpst1qbktsq.jpg

Great numbers..is your car A6 or M6?

Rex Racer

Established Member

Curious to know...conventional wisdom was the stock motor should be limited to ~650 RWHP. What is Justin's assurance based on?

cjd223

Established Member
I too have been told anything over 650whp and your rods are living on borrowed time. We have tons of E85 where I live. Was told you must have a return fuel system also. Hmmm very interesting.

mackdog2008

Established Member
Great numbers..is your car A6 or M6?
M6
Curious to know...conventional wisdom was the stock motor should be limited to ~650 RWHP. What is Justin's assurance based on?
I don't know what it's based on but I asked him about it a bunch of times and he kept telling me that it's perfectly fine.
Was this a mustang dyno or dyno jet?
DynaPack
I too have been told anything over 650whp and your rods are living on borrowed time. We have tons of E85 where I live. Was told you must have a return fuel system also. Hmmm very interesting.
I have heard that a lot as well, a return fuel system is best no question but I have been running with VMP booster and ID1000 injectors for over a year.

evil281

Established Member
I think as long as you monitor the fuel pump duty cycle w/BAP and are not on the edge of its capacity you are ok. I have heard BAP's can burn out pumps though so it's not a perfect set up. It works fine for me on E85.

I'm scheduled for a dyno run on oct 24th. :)

mackdog2008

Established Member
Not everyone slaps on a supercharger and becomes a pro driver overnight.
That's right, plus you have to keep in mind I am on street tires, no traction at all lol

On top of that my tires are short and I am running out of gear before I get to the end of the 1/4 and am coasting across the line.

My tires are only 26.1" tall and there street tires not drag radials.

And I am not a pro at drag racing.....

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
That's right, plus you have to keep in mind I am on street tires, no traction at all lol

On top of that my tires are short and I am running out of gear before I get to the end of the 1/4 and am coasting across the line.

My tires are only 26.1" tall and there street tires not drag radials.

And I am not a pro at drag racing.....

I can't imagine that power on street tires. I spin like crazy with drag radials and you have a smaller pulley than I do. I really want to hit the track but as soon as I hit that 11.49 they are going to boot me with no roll bar. Our track is super strict even on open drag nights.

Users who are viewing this thread