E85 tune with new injectors

mustangsvt281

Established Member
As the title states im going to try and tune my eaton swapped cobra for E85.

I upgraded to 60# injectors with a sct 2600 maf. The fuel system is fine, im running a return style setup.

With the 60# injectors what should my fuel pressure be set to if im running E85 and what should it be set to if im running 93. (going to setup two different tunes)

Also i am using the pro racer package to tune, isnt there a way to load presets for the 60# injectors and different MAF?

i read on scts website that the sct 2600 maf is a direct bolt-on but it didnt say much about dialing in the maf curve, im assuming that is just understood.

My main questions are do i just need to start from square one and dial in the maf curve and setup the injectors like i would with any other tune or are there presets for my new additions.

BTW the 60# injectors are FRPP.

sorry if the post seems scattered, its been a long day!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
There are value files for the injectors and MAF that need to be applied to the tune. Those will be your starting points.

mustangsvt281

Established Member
There are value files for the injectors and MAF that need to be applied to the tune. Those will be your starting points.

well i loaded up the known values for the injectors and the maf. It fired right up and ran, but when the car warmed up it was still running at 11.3-11.6. so i messed with the maf curve a little bit and got it to settle at 13.5 at idle. Im thinking about just loading the previous maf values and seeing what happens. Not sure why the sct values i loaded are so far off. Maybe because they expect you to be running more air through the 2600 sct maf then what i running?

cj428mach

Established Member
well i loaded up the known values for the injectors and the maf. It fired right up and ran, but when the car warmed up it was still running at 11.3-11.6. so i messed with the maf curve a little bit and got it to settle at 13.5 at idle. Im thinking about just loading the previous maf values and seeing what happens. Not sure why the sct values i loaded are so far off. Maybe because they expect you to be running more air through the 2600 sct maf then what i running?

Use the value files from SCT and then just modify them. As for your base pressure just set it to where you want it to be on e85 then adjust both your tunes for it. I'm running my car at 50psi for my ID1000's when on e85 to give them some extra cushion, I just adjusted my pump gas tune for the extra PSI so wouldn't have to touch my regulator when switching back and forth.

mustangsvt281

Established Member
Use the value files from SCT and then just modify them. As for your base pressure just set it to where you want it to be on e85 then adjust both your tunes for it. I'm running my car at 50psi for my ID1000's when on e85 to give them some extra cushion, I just adjusted my pump gas tune for the extra PSI so wouldn't have to touch my regulator when switching back and forth.

Sounds good,i think i have a bigger problem at hand. i datalogged the car and my stft are stuck at 1.0

Users who are viewing this thread