E85 questions

KCRN12

Established Member
So, I figured I'd consult the masses of knowledge, here, on this. I notice that a good number of people retune to be able to run E85. Many times with a result of more power. Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of running E85, when it's beneficial and when it's not, etc. Are turbo guys the only ones who really use it? (It seems like that's usually where I see it being used the most). Just trying to learn some more about it. I know back when it was first introduced it was advertised as being a lot less expensive, but in reality it wasn't really worth it cause a given engine had to use more E85 to make the same power as normal gas. So I'm curious as to what people are doing with tunes to make them want to run it. Any and all info on the subject is welcome!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's a higher octane rating, so much so that you can safely run significantly more boost and timing than pump gas. You can think of it as race gas for basically $3.00 a gallon.

Only downsides really are poor mileage compared to normal pump gas and it can be difficult to find depending on your area of the country.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread